Top Official: Plan to Rebuild Lower Manhattan in Place by Year-End
- Planning Officials. // BusinessWest;Jul2000 Resource Guide, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p72
Lists in planning officials in Western Massachusetts alphabetically. Community; Contact information; Planning and development officer; Planning board officer; Conservation commissioner; Building inspector.
- Denver-Area 'Port' Proposal Could Lead to $500M of Debt. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/14/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32444, p3
The article focuses on the expected benefits of the proposed construction of 5,400-acre multimodal port by the city government officials in Denver, Colorado. The creation of inland port is expected to result in the development of special districts that could issue about $500 million of revenue...
- Study may solve Trenton land squabble. Kosdrosky, Terry // Crain's Detroit Business;8/6/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 33, p32
Reports the study on the solution to the conflict between city officials and industrial property owners over redevelopment plans in Trenton, New Jersey. Designation of SmithGroup Consulting Inc. on the study; Coverage of the study; Inclusion of realistic suggestions and recommendations. INSET:...
- Stratford Chamber touts progress on development projects. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;
Reports on the gathering of business and policy leaders to evaluate the redevelopment project in Stratford, Connecticut. Construction of industrial building; Launch of demographic study in the site; Completion of the Staybridge Suite Hotel.
- Hanford eyes downtown redevelopment district. Radke, Chuck // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/13/2002, Issue 323020, p1
Reports on the plan of the city officials to create a downtown redevelopment district in Hanford, California. Reasons for creating th redevelopment district; Benefits of the city plan; Implications for residential property development.
- To-Do List for the Next Mayor. Berger, Knute // Seattle;Dec2013, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p272
The article focuses on 8 priorities for the new mayor in Seattle, Washington. It is noted that picking a permanent police chief is important for mayor. It is suggested that City Council member Tim Burgess' proposal for universal preschool should be considered. It is stated that a mayor should be...
- Letters. Fifield, J. G.; Glyn, Fifield; Peace, Liz // Estates Gazette;1/17/2009, Issue 903, p42
A letter to the editor is presented in response to John Gummer's article regarding councillors being to responsive to local campaign groups in the December 20, 2008 issue.
- Who'll stand up to Uptown? Woodard, Don // Fort Worth Business Press;12/11/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 50, p47
The author comments on the Trinity River Vision project in Texas. He criticizes city leaders who permit the Trinity Uptown bulldozers to be turned loose on 90 businesses struggling to make ends meet. He cites several city or county leaders who have voiced opposition to the project including...
- What happens in South Tucson doesn't stay in South Tucson. Emerine, Steve // Inside Tucson Business;6/18/2007, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p28
The author reflects on the political developments in South Tucson, Arizona. He highlights the pledged of the newly elected city officials including Mayor Jennifer Eckstrom and councilmen John Garcia and Miguel Rojas, as well as councilwoman Mary Soltero. He offers a brief description regarding...