Mo. Lawmakers Work On Stadium Plans
- Home Run King thrives in new quarters. Reis, Michael // Stone World;Jul99, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p46
Features the Busch Stadium in St. Louis, Missouri. Objective of the transformation of the stadium; Features of the stadium.
- St. Louis Cardinals' Stadium Deal Postponed Until Next Year. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;05/17/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31141, p31
Reports the withdrawal of legislative supporters from a bond-financed stadium package in Missouri. Repayments of bond with sales tax revenues; Arguments by the Saint Louis Cardinals Major League Baseball team to generate revenues and remain competitive; Inclusion of an expansive downtown Saint...
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;04/11/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31116, p31
Reports bond developments in the United States as of April 2001. Plan of Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley to fund soundproofing program; Approval of the stadium study legislation in Minnesota; Acquisition of Trans World Airlines Inc. by American Airlines in Missouri.
- St. Louis Stadium Authority Will Refund $175 Million. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/23/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31683, p30
Reports that the Saint Louis Regional Convention and Sports Complex Authority, which owns the Edward Jones Dome stadium, will refund $175 million of bonds sold in 1991 to finance the stadium. Implication of refund of bonds for finances of Saint Louis County and the state of Missouri; Various...
- Calling their bluff. Bishop, Ed // St. Louis Journalism Review;Jun2002, Vol. 32 Issue 247, p16
Focuses on the move of the Saint Louis Cardinals baseball team owners on building a new stadium in Missouri. Use of taxes on building the stadium; Support of press on the blackmail attempts; Feasibility of team moving into the another homebase.
- Stay Where You Are. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/26/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31770, p51
Reports on the agreement between Jackson County Sports Complex Authority and Kansas City's professional sport teams in Missouri. Need of voters to approve the bi-state tax for the officiality of the agreement; Inclusion in the agreement on the extension of the stadium leases of Kansas City's teams.
- As exciting as watching... McCallum, Jack; Kennedy, Kostya // Sports Illustrated;2/19/96, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p14
Reports on the announcement that new turf will be laid at Busch Stadium for the St. Louis Cardinals and that any member of the media can attend.
- River City Rascals win new lease in O'Fallon. Flinchpaugh, Brian // Wentzville Journal;4/17/2013, Vol. 51 Issue 16, pA2
The article reports on the decision by the City Council officials in O'Fallon, Missouri to approve the new lease of the minor league baseball team River City Rascals at the T.R. Hughes Ballpark, that replaces a contract negotiated in 2007 and expires in 2014.
- High School Baseball Showcase returns to Busch Stadium for 4th year. Latsch, Nate // Wentzville Journal;4/17/2013, Vol. 51 Issue 16, pC2
The article offers information on the return of the High School Baseball Showcase to Busch Stadium in Missouri for the fourth consecutive year on June 14, 2013 when players will compete for the first time in the evening.