MBIA's Losses Overseas Diminish Net Income Increase
- Bond Insurers: MBIA Nets $156 Million in Fourth Quarter, Up 15% Over 2000. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;2/6/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31319, p31
Reports on an increase in net income of bond insurer company MBIA Inc. during the fourth quarter of the year 2001. Total amount of income by the company in the duration; Percentage increase in the income of the company compared to the fourth quarter of 2001; Insurance income for the company...
- MBIA Announces a Net Loss of Less Than 1% in 2Q Profits. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;8/4/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31940, p5
Reports on a one percent decline in 2004 second-quarter profits posted by bond insurer MBIA Inc., the parent company of MBIA Insurance Corp. Smaller gains on derivative exposure compared to the previous year; Net income; Comments of chief financial officer Nicholas Ferreri during a conference call.
- MBIA Reports 1Q Income Figure Nearly Identical to Last Year's. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/27/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32617, p6
The article reports on the financial performance of MBIA Inc. for the first quarter of 2006 in the U.S. It earned $198.6 million in net income and new production from its municipal bond insurance was $62.7 million. Thomas Financial Services company said that MBIA was the third busiest bond...
- Report: Good Returns for Insurers Despite 3Q Dip in Muni Refundings. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;10/17/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30997, p7
Informs on Banc of America Securities analyst Robert Ryan's forecast on the third-quarter 2000 returns of bond insurers in the United States. Expected drop in municipal refundings; Earnings per share growth for insurers Ambac Financial Group Inc. and MBIA Inc.
- MBIA's Strong Earnings Driven by Expansion Overseas. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;8/3/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31195, p3
Reports on the financial performance of MBIA Inc. for the second quarter of 2001. Total par value on insured deals; Expansion of the company into non-United States markets.
- Mbia shows increase for fourth quarter. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;02/04/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30572, p30
Reports on the growth of MBIA Inc.'s net income for the fourth quarter of 1998. Factors contributing to the income growth; Core diluted earnings; Performance of the company's municipal and financial services operations.
- MBIA reports earnings up. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/11/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 45, p2
Reports on the financial results of Armonk, New York-based MBIA Inc., the holding company for MBIA Insurance Corp., in the first nine months of 2002.
- Banks' Lawyer Says False Info Requires Overturning MBIA Split. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;5/16/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33715, p5
The article reports on the argument of attorney Robert Guiffra Jr. regarding the invalidity of the split of bond insurer MBIA Inc.
- MBIA Announces 7% Drop in Net Income Last Quarter. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;5/5/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31877, p36
Reports on the decline in the net income of MBIA Inc. Earnings; Assessment of adjusted direct premiums; Domestic public finance.