Philadelphia Authority Gets Permission for HUD Grant-Backed Deal
- Senate Panel Adds $700M to HUD Budget, But Cuts Voucher Request by 19,000. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/25/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31435, p4
Reports the approval of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development budget by the Senate Appropriations Committee. Improvements of housing for low-income family; Value of the housing budget; Consideration of bond financing in housing projects.
- Proposed HUD Cut Complicates Garvee-Like Deals. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;03/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31092, p4
Reports on President George W. Bush's proposal to cut funding for the public housing capital program from fiscal 2001 levels. Complication of the Garvee-like housing bond deals; Issuance of two of the groundbreaking grant anticipation revenue vehicle bond deals.
- State reports. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p42
Reports on developments concerning housing and community development in different states in the United States. Expansion of low-income housing in Maryland; Approval of funding for more affordable housing in Illinois.
- No fairness for public housing. Fuerst, J.S. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p6
Opinion. Point out that by giving the impression that public housing is confined to the poor segment of the American society, a relatively restricted segment of people applied for public housing. Other reasons why public housing legislation did not succeed; Successes of public housing in small...
- Amnesty for LHAs. Wilson, Robert C. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Sep95, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p6
Opinion. Focuses on problems facing public housing in the United States. Federal funding of housing programs; Costs of operations; Administrative burdens for housing authorities; Calls for the deregulation of local housing authorities.
- Family investments. Bell, Brenda // Journal of Housing & Community Development;May/Jun96, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p6
Opinion. Comments on the need to revitalize the most troubled public housing in the United States. Strengthening of families; Efforts to support individuals and families in their quest for self-sufficiency; Concept of the inter-disciplinary family services team connected by an automated client...
- Campus of learners: A place to grow. Riedel Jr., Harold T.; Howell, Joseph // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p34
Focuses on the concept of public housing `campuses of learners' introduced by Housing and Urban Development Secretary Henry Cisneros. Establishment of campuses of learners; Plans presented by six local housing agencies for establishment of campuses of learners; Use of the partnership concept;...
- Vouchers: A `briar patch' for LHAs? Thomas Jr., Fred N. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p7
Opinion. Recommends housing authorities in the United States to take a different approach and view of the vouchering process. Intent and goals of the liberal and conservative members of Congress; Department of Housing and Urban Development's (HUD) issuance of a voucher based on the Payment...
- A special message to H/CD officials. Clinton, Bill // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p10
Presents President Bill Clinton's message to housing and community development (H/CD) officials on initiating reforms in the housing industry. Need for dramatic changes in public housing policies; Continued demolition of more blighted high-rise housing; Crackdown on crimes and drugs in public...