Colleges Get Into the Loop
- Ohio State University Readies Ambitious Student Housing Plan. Devitt, Caitlin // National Mortgage News;1/21/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p1
The article offers information on Ohio State University (OSU) regarding its decision to invest bonds worth 350 million U.S. dollars in order to facilitate construction of dormitories to fulfill the university's new plan to require all freshmen and sophomores to live on campus. It mentions OSU as...
- Appealing to the masses. Ibs, Ernst A.; Erickson, Steven H. // American School & University;Aug93, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p58
Reports on campus housing projects designed to attract diverse student population and compete for summer occupancy. Archetypal residence hall with tiny rooms, gang bathrooms and communal dining; Competing for summer conferences; In-between housing; Flexible design to accommodate several housing...
- Student rooms rejected over amenity. // Planning (14672073);7/2/2010, Issue 1875, p18
The article reports on the decision of planning inspector on the development of student rooms in central London, England.
- Driving residence-hall design. Birdsey, Tom; McKinney, James; Stouffer, Joan // American School & University;May98, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p66d
Discusses the employment of a campus participatory approach in designing residential facilities for students. Consideration of the student-body makeup, residence-hall location, campus locale, student age group and marketing; Effectiveness of the participatory approach as a channel for feedback...
- Student accommodation allowed on need. // Planning (14672073);6/18/2010, Issue 1873, p18
The article reports on the results of the assessment made by planning inspector on the proposed construction of a student accommodation facility in Plymouth, England.
- Woodbine Group lines up next project: Copper Beech Commons. Tampone, Kevin // Business Journal (Central New York);6/3/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p1
The article reports on the plan of Woodbine Group to start the construction of Copper Beech Commons, an 18 million dollars student housing project, in Syracuse, New York in June 2011.
- Furnished at their request. Sutton, Judy // American School & University;Sep94, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p32d
Focuses on residence hall designs that appeal to college students. Types of furniture preferred by college students; Consideration of multifunctionality issues; Students' reputation for destroying things.
- Residence hall under construction at University of Massachusetts Lowell. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;4/6/2012, p6
The article cites a report from "The Boston Globe" on the plan of the University of Massachusetts Lowell to start construction on a suite-style residence hall which will accommodate about 500 students.
- $14 million student housing project planned in Provo. Rattle, Barbara // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;10/11/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 14, p1
The article reports on the expected approval of the development of The Isles, a student housing project in Provo, Utah, by the Provo City Municipal Council.