Application of Noble Metal Nanoparticles in Organic Reactions
- A General Method for Preparation of PVP-Stabilized Noble Metal Nanoparticles in Room Temperature Ionic Liquids. Xin-dong Mu; Evans, David G.; Yuan Kou // Catalysis Letters;Sep2004, Vol. 97 Issue 3/4, p151
Platinum, palladium and rhodium nanoparticles stabilized by poly(N-vinyl-2-pyrrolidone) (PVP) can be synthesized by ethanolic reduction of the corresponding metal halide salts and when immobilized in an ionic liquid, 1-n-butyl-3-methylimidazolium hexafluorophosphate ([BMI][PF6]), are very...
- UV-induced formation of gold nanoparticles in a poly(methyl methacrylate) matrix. Smirnova, L.; Aleksandrov, A.; Yakimovich, N.; Sapogova, N.; Kirsanov, A.; Soustov, L.; Bityurin, N. // Doklady Physical Chemistry;Feb2005, Vol. 400 Issue 5/6, p19
Focuses on ultraviolet-induced formation of gold nanoparticles in a poly(methyl methacrylate) matrix. Chemical and physical properties of compositions containing nanoparticles; Catalytic reactions involved.
- The Boron Imprint into Combined Catalytic Organic Reactions. Bonet, Amadeu; Guly�s, Henrik; Fern�ndez, Elena // Current Organic Chemistry;Dec2011, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p3908
Combined reactions through organoboron intermediates belong to the class of sequential reactions whereby the advantages are clear in terms of efficiency and selectivity. The goal to prepare target molecules from simple substrates requires strategic steps and very selective formation of new...
- The Precious Metal Loop, Costs from an Operating Company Perspective. Super, John D. // Topics in Catalysis;Sep2010, Vol. 53 Issue 15-18, p1138
An operating companyâ€™s view of processes using PGM catalysts is, â€œWhat is the manufacturing process that will make specification product at a profit?â€ To evaluate those manufacturing economics, the â€œPrecious Metal Loopâ€ (Cline LW Jr, Precious metal recovery and the...
- Nanomaterials for Environmental Applications. Fan Dong; Koodali, Ranjit T.; Haiqiang Wang; Wing-kei Ho // Journal of Nanomaterials;2014, p1
No abstract available.
- Photocatalytic Synthesis of Composite CdSe/CdS Nanoparticles. Raevskaya, A.; Stroyuk, A.; Kuchmii, S. // Theoretical & Experimental Chemistry;May2005, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p181
We have shown that CdSe/CdS nanocomposites can be obtained in a photocatalytic reaction with participation of CdS nanoparticles from sodium selenosulfate. We have studied the kinetic characteristics of this process in detail and have shown that its most likely mechanism includes a step involving...
- Pt-Pd Bimetallic Nanoparticles Encapsulated in Dendrimer Nanoreactor. Young-Min Chung; Hyun-Ku Rhee // Catalysis Letters;Feb2003, Vol. 85 Issue 3/4, p159
This article reports the first effort for the preparation of dendrimer-templated Pt-Pd bimetallic nanoparticles and their application to catalysis. The resulting monodispersed bimetallic nanoparticles show a promising catalytic activity in the partial hydrogenation of 1,3-cyclooctadiene.
- Nano-sized carbon hollow spheres for abatement of ethylene. Zhen-Xue Liu; Jung-Nam Park; Abdi, S.; Seung-Kyu Park; Yong-Ki Park; Chul Wee Lee // Topics in Catalysis;Oct2006, Vol. 39 Issue 3/4, p221
In this paper, the ethylene adsorption capacities of the nano-sized carbon hollow spheres (CNB) and active carbon (AC), the Pd (PdCl2) impregnated CNB or AC (Pd/CNB, Pd/AC) and heat treatment under various conditions, were studied at different ethylene concentrations from 64 to 1060 ppm. The...
- Gold-Nano Particles Supported on Na-Y and H-Y Types Zeolites: Activity and Thermal Stability for CO Oxidation Reaction. Jafari, S.; Asilian Mahabady, H.; Kazemian, H. // Catalysis Letters;Mar2009, Vol. 128 Issue 1/2, p57
Gold nano particles (GNP) were deposited on Na-Y and H-Y zeolite substrates using chloroauric acid (HAuCl4) solution. The synthesized catalysts were then characterized and the catalytic activity toward CO oxidation reaction was investigated using a tubular fix bed micro reactor under atmospheric...