PERCEPTIONS AND BARRIERS TO PHYSICAL ACTIVITY DURING THE TRANSITION TO UNIVERSITY
- Classroom karaoke. Baker, Sarah // Youth Studies Australia;Mar2012, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p25
The article discusses a new innovative initiative 'classroom karaoke' to enhance the first-year experience of youth studies students at an Australian university. This social and academic transition strategy had positive impact on the students as they reported that it reduced anxiety and made the...
- College 101: A dubious remedy for dropouts. Moreno, Paul // Academic Questions;Winter97/98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p48
Discusses the `Freshman Year Experience' (FYE) survival seminar employed by school administrators of the University of South Carolina for freshmen who are unprepared for college work. Replacement of summer orientation weekend with a place for College 101 in the academic curriculum; Teaching...
- The search starts here! Lutes, Chris // Campus Life;Oct98, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p4
Presents tips in searching for a college.
- The American College Freshman, Fall 1983. // Education Week;2/8/1984, Vol. 3 Issue 20, p21
A list of the American college freshman in the Fall of 1983 is presented.
- The Sequential Model of Future-Oriented Coping and Adjustment to University Life: The Role of Attitudes as Further Evidence. Yiqun Gan; Wei Zheng; Yao Wen // Psychological Record;Mar2014, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p13
The objectives of the present study were to develop the University Life Implicit Association Test (IAT) and to explore the role of implicit and explicit attitudes in the sequential model of future-oriented coping and adjustment to university life. One hundred forty-one freshman students...
- Don't Panic! Johnson, Stacey // Campus Life;Feb2003, Vol. 61 Issue 7, p46
Suggests steps that freshman at Christian colleges can take to settle into their college. Need for sharing feelings; Importance of submitting homework on time; Realization of the fact that none of the freshmen know anyone at the college.
- J.D.'s College Dorm. // New York Times Upfront;4/18/2011, Vol. 143 Issue 13, p5
The article discusses how Ursinus College in Collegevile, Pennsylvania offered a 30,000 U.S.-dollar scholarship in creative writing for an incoming freshman and a year of free lodging in author J. D. Salinger's former college room and jokingly named it the "Not the J. D. Salinger Scholarship"...
- Freshman Difficulties. Reinhardt, Emma // Journal of Higher Education;Jun1933, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p307
The article presents a list of difficulties of freshman students in a teacher's college in the U.S.
- Calendar of events. // NextStepU;Nov/Dec2011, Issue 4, p38
A calendar of events for incoming college freshmen is presented including Fall Open House at Southern New Hampshire University on November 13, 2011, Open House at Stevenson University on November 19, 2011 and Friendly Friday at Liberty University on December 2, 2011.