SOCIAL AND EPIDEMIOLOGICAL ASSESSMENT OF DRUG USE: A CASE STUDY OF RURAL YOUTH IN MISSOURI
- A home away from home. Glick, Michael // Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA);Feb2009, Vol. 140 Issue 2, p140
The article comments on the concept of patient-centered health home which addresses the need of the United States dental community to take part in setting goals for all patients and forging a system that achieves the best possible health outcomes for all patients. The medical home model proposed...
- Population health--a new discipline. Noren, Jay // Physician Executive;Sep/Oct1997, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p18
Discusses the disciple of population health in the United States. Forces stimulating the population health concept; Importance of population health to health care in the 21st-century; Graduate programs on population health; Components of the population health curriculum.
- Community Health Improvement Week. // AHA News;
The article offers information on the Community Health Improvement Week to be celebrated in the U.S. in June 2013.
- Making it Better. // Curriculum Review;Oct2011, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p5
The article reports on the Making it Better Initiative, funded by the U.S Department of Health and Human Service's Communities Putting Prevention to Work (CPPW), and focuses on work in Olmsted County, Minnesota, where efforts are raised to increase physical activity and reduce tobacco consumption.
- Addressing the health care needs of patients with serious mental illness--it will take a system. Lockett, Helen // Journal of Primary Health Care;Sep2014, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p263
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the editorial and article about the health care needs of people with serious mental illness in the March 2014 issue.
- Using seroprevalence data in managing public health programs. Onorato, Ida M.; Jones, T. Stephen // Public Health Reports;Mar/Apr90, Vol. 105 Issue 2, p163
Focuses on the use of HIV seroprevalence data in managing public health programs in the United States. Interpretation of data from sentinel surveys; Monitoring of HIV infection and risk behaviors; Implementation of prevention activities and treatment services; Use of data from blinded surveys...
- Updated "N" Indicators for the Year 2010 in National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System Tables. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;5/27/2011, Vol. 60 Issue 20, p669
The article reports that the 2010 Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists (CSTE) State Reportable Conditions Assessment (2010 SRCA) has gathered data from 55 reporting jurisdictions to determine the nationally notifiable conditions (NNC) that were reportable in each reporting...
- Public awareness of hypertension declines in US. Gottlieb, Scott // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);09/04/99, Vol. 319 Issue 7210, p591
Reports on the result of a 1999 study in the United States on public awareness of the dangers of high blood pressure. Incidence rate of hypertension; Treatment statistics; Comparison with results of a similar study in 1993.
- ACTIVE VERSUS PASSIVE COMMUTING TO SCHOOL: WHAT CHILDREN SAY. Lee, Sarah M.; Tudor-Locke, Catrine // American Journal of Health Studies;2005, Vol. 20 Issue 3/4, p212
This study was conducted as part of a needs assessment that examined the perceived barriers and resources necessary for the journey to and from school among 6[sup th]-grade boys and girls. Three focus groups were conducted with children who reported commuting by car, walking or biking. All data...