HISPANIC ADOLESCENTS' BEHAVIORAL INTENTIONS TO AVOID TEXTING WHILE DRIVING
- In-Vehicle Cell Phone Blocking Systems: Implications for Teen Driving Safety. Tassel, W. E. Van; Floyd-Bann, E. E. // Chronicle for Driver Education Professionals;Fall2009, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p10
The article discusses various types of technological systems designed to prevent teenage drivers from text messaging while driving and the questions surrounding their use. As stated, "black boxes" is one such device used by parents of teenage drivers which captures data about driving. Another is...
- Young adults text, drive. // RCR Wireless News;6/18/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 23, p30
The article focuses on a U.S. survey by Zogby International on the use of cellular telephones while driving. The survey shows that two-thirds of young drivers, aged 18 to 24, send text messages while they are driving. Results also shows that nearly all of the young respondents talk on their...
- NSC Applauds Pennsylvania Legislators for Passage of a Texting Ban for Motorists. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;11/16/2011, Vol. 21, p550
The article reports on the compliment made by the U.S. National Safety Council (NSC) to the Pennsylvania General Assembly for passing Senate Bill 314 which bans the act of sending messages while driving. It states that the signature of Governor Tom Corbett will cause the bill to become law....
- Sound Off! // St. Charles Journal;4/4/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 14, pA7
The article presents comments of readers including the lady who could have been killed for texting while driving, the part of the electric bill being paid for the trimming of trees near power lines and the call for opposing the new smoke-free campaign.
- IS TEXTING THE NEW "DRINK DRIVING? // Australian Motorcycle News;6/6/2012, Vol. 61 Issue 24, p14
The article offers information on texing while driving in Australia.
- TREACHEROUS TEXTING. Lunney, Kellie // Government Executive;Jan2010, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p7
The article reports on the threats and risks of sending text messages while driving.
- District Tackles Text-Messaging Policies. // District Administration;Jul2010, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p12
The article discusses the Lee County Public Schools in Florida, which has passed a policy to prohibit employees from texting while driving either their own vehicles on district business or while driving the school district's vehicles.
- SCA Students Sign Pledge to Not Text While Driving. // Tennessee Tribune;4/7/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p11A
The article reports on the pledge of the students at St. Cecilia Academy not to send or receive text messages while driving.
- Statewide texting ban now in effect. Beyer, Danielle // Advance-Titan (Oshkosh, WI);12/9/2010, Vol. 116 Issue 13, pA1
The article reports on the implementation of a law that prohibits a person from driving while composing or sending an electronic text message in Wisconsin on December 1, 2010.