DEVELOPING AND EVALUATING A COLLEGE DIABETES PREVENTION AND AWARENESS CAMPAIGN
- Blacks' declining college participation. // Black Enterprise;Apr90, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p45
Presents highlights of a report released by the American Council on Education (ACE) indicating declining college participation among blacks.
- Rand study: Black college enrollment not slipping. // Jet;12/10/90, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p13
Comments on a Rand Corporation study which says the college enrollment rate of black students is leveling off, rather than dropping.
- Aid to foreigners linked to drop in black Ph.D.s. // Jet;5/18/92, Vol. 82 Issue 4, p24
Reports on the impact financial aid to foreigners is having on the dropping numbers of blacks getting Ph.D. degrees. Statistics; Comment on preferential treatment of foreign students.
- In pursuit of excellence. Browning, R. // Ebony;Aug1990, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p112
Gives short profiles of ten black scholars who exemplify the pursuit of black excellence. Morehouse graduate James Dickens, 21; Stanford University law student Shauna D. Jackson, 23; Howard University Student Association President April Silver, 22; Others.
- Black Male College Explorers Program. // Black Collegian;Jan/Feb92, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p45
Profiles Florida A&M University's Black Male College Explorers Program (BMCEP) Summer Institute, a six-week intervention program for black males, 8th-11th graders, who are potential high school dropouts. Structured on-campus lifestyle programs; Classroom instruction.
- Managing the college system. Parker, Linda Bates // Black Collegian;Sep/Oct92, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p99
Advises college students on how to effectively utilize their school system in order to be successful. What to look for in campus housing; Financial aid; College programs and faculty; Developing thinking skills; Adding or dropping classes; Academic advising; Grades; Extracurricular activities;...
- Are black public colleges turning white? Cunningham, Kitty // Black Enterprise;Aug93, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p29
Examines the desegregation of black colleges and universities. US Supreme Court decision in `U.S. v. Fordice'; Congressional Black Caucus (CBC); The unique role of black colleges; The loss of black cultural identity; Enrollment by race/ethnicity in HBCUs (historically black colleges and...
- Realities behind riots. // Nature;5/21/1992, Vol. 357 Issue 6375, p179
Opinion. Focuses on the paucity of blacks among graduate students in the United States. Statistics on blacks in graduate schools from the National Research Council; Percentage of Ph.D.s awarded to blacks in 1990; More.
- CORRECTION. // Editor & Publisher;Aug2006, Vol. 139 Issue 8, p4
A correction to the article about the misspelling of the Autherine Lucy, the African American student who exposed racial bias at the University of Alabama in 1956, that was published in the July 2006 issue is presented.