AN EXPLORATORY STUDY OF BULLYING AND CYBERBULLYING BEHAVIORS AMONG ECONOMICALLY/EDUCATIONALLY DISADVANTAGED MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS
- Your Space? // Current Events;10/25/2010, Vol. 110 Issue 7, p7
The article focuses on the issues over cyberbullying of students in the U.S. It mentions the study of the Cyberbullying Research Center which shows that one in five middle school students has been affected by cyberbullying. It states that many schools are struggling to find ways to control...
- Bullying prevention in middle schools: A collaborative approach. Studer, Jean nine R.; Mynatt, Blair S. // Middle School Journal;Jan2015, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p25
The article discusses the collaborative and proactive interventions and policies to stop bullying of students in middle schools in the U.S. as of January 2015. Based on data from the U.S. Department of Education and Justice, 37% of students claimed that they are victims of bullying. Also cited...
- Cyberbullying - where does it end? HILSENBECK, KIM // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);9/26/2012, Vol. 110 Issue 26, p3B
The article informs about the increasing threats to middle school students regarding the cyberbullying in the U.S.
- An analysis of school anti-bullying laws in the United States. Kueny, Maryellen T.; Zirkel, Perry A. // Middle School Journal;Mar2012, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p22
The article presents an analysis of U.S. state educational legislation focused on anti-bullying in schools. Particular focus is given to ways in which such legislation addresses safety and security issues for middle school students. The article also examines elements of such legislation that...
- Principal shares strategies for parents, sixth-graders. Flinchpaugh, Brian // St. Charles Journal;7/6/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 54, pA1
The article provides strategies for parents on how to handle their sixth-grade children, particularly when it comes to bullying at school.
- Untitled. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb2016, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p12
The article offers information on the joint research project from Princeton University, Yale University and Rutgers University which identified middle school students in New Jersey who were provided with bullying awareness gear and trained on social media campaigns.
- Treating Cyberbullying as a School Violence. Stover, Del // Education Digest;Dec2006, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p40
The article focuses on treating cyberbullying as a school violence issue. Online bullying is especially prevalent in middle and high schools. The author claims that for the targets of cyberbullying, the psychological harm generated is comparable to that of physical bullying. Specific concerns...
- Educational Planning and Academic Achievement of Middle School Students: A Racial and Cultural Comparison. Wei-Cheng Mau // Journal of Counseling & Development;May/Jun95, Vol. 73 Issue 5, p518
A nationally representative sample of middle school students from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds was surveyed on educational aspirations, planning, and achievements. Results indicated significant racial and gender differences in educational and vocational planning help-seeking...
- Counselor Confirmation of Middle School Student Self-Reports of Bullying Victimization. Cornell, Dewey; Mehta, Sharmila B. // Professional School Counseling;Apr2011, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p261
School counselors frequently use self-report surveys to assess bullying despite little research on their accuracy. In this study, counselor follow-up interviews found that only 24 (56%) of 43 middle school students who self-identified as victims of bullying could be confirmed as actual victims....