56-Year-Old Woman With Positional Headache
- If you had to start over again... // Patient Care;3/30/1995, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p13
Reports the findings of a survey, conducted by Merritt, Hawkins & Associates, a physician search firm based in Irving, Texas on a person's perspectives as compared with those of 230 final-year residents in family practice, general internal medicine, and pediatrics.
- IMGs targeted. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;02/24/97, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p16
Provides information on how the reduction in residency positions would effect international medical graduates (IMGs) especially foreign-trained doctors. Effects of removing funding of residencies for IMGs; Opposition to favoritism for United States medical school graduates; Comments form Mary...
- How does the future look to senior residents? Rose, Joan R.; Potter, Debra // Medical Economics;5/8/95, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p162
Presents the results of a survey of senior residents regarding their views on the future of their practice. Confidence in finding a job; Expected earnings; Financial concerns.
- New doctors: Lots of jobs, but not satisfaction. Rose, Joan R. // Medical Economics;7/11/2003, Vol. 80 Issue 13, p24
Reports on findings of a survey of the job market for medical residents in the United States. Ratio of residents surveyed who had received 51 or more job solicitations; Issues that worry new physicians.
- Are there limits to residents' rights? // Brown University Long-Term Care Quality Advisor;04/28/97, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p1
Discusses the rights of medical residents. Reference to the Nursing Home Reform Act of 1987; Perceptions of Registered Nurse, Virginia Leishman, on this issue; How a patient's refusal to the assistance of residents affects these rights.
- Residency Cutbacks: Disaster Ahead? // USA Today Magazine;Oct98, Vol. 127 Issue 2641, p4
Reports that the move to cut the number of residents in teaching hospitals throughout the United States is placing patients at serious risk, according to Robert Ross, chairman of Ross University School of Medicine, New York City. Details on the Medicaid reform; Implications of the cuts in...
- Task 5C: Pay attention to resident reviews. Butler, Richard L.; Erickson, Jenean M. // Brown University Long-Term Care Quality Advisor;3/17/97, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p1
Discusses resident review tasks. Objectives of the review; Schedules for the medical personnel; Care-plan goals for residents; Making appropriate clinical judgments in the fact-gathering process; Comprehensive care reviews; Focused care review.
- Residents can practice in underserviced areas in NS. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;06/15/97, Vol. 156 Issue 12, p1689
Reports that physicians in training at Dalhousie University can now practice in underserviced parts of Nova Scotia as amended by the agreement set up by the Professional Association of Residents in the Maritime Provinces (PARI-MP), the Department of Health and the College of Physicians and...
- Positive result expected for residents as match day approaches. Banner, Sandra // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;03/10/98, Vol. 158 Issue 5, p635
Discusses the expected results of the 1998 match data of medical residents run by the Canadian Resident Matching Service (CaRMS). How the match data is similar to 1997 in both number of positions and number of students.