From the Ground Up
- Downward Spiral. Fulghum, David // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/23/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 15, p38
The article discusses how the U.S. Navy and Air Force's plans for intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) are undermined by aging aircraft as of April 23, 2012. Topics include how outdated advanced sensors, emerging cyber and electronic threats are eroding ISR plans, and the U.S.'s...
- New bottles for old wine. Rhea, John // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Nov97, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p8
Focuses on proposed technologies aimed at the United States Army's battlefield surveillance radars. Ability of bistatic radars to separate detectable transmitters from the receivers; Enabling of transmitters to escape enemy detection; Applications of electronically scanned arrays.
- Infrared sensor payload for UAVs and light jets introduced by Elbit. // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Sep2014, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p28
The article discusses the release of the DCoMPASS FHD iMEP all-in-one integrated surveillance sensor payload for lightweight platforms by Elbit Systems Ltd.
- Seeing the Whole Elephant. Pietrucha, Michael W. // Air & Space Power Journal;Fall2010, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p42
The article focuses on the idealized view for the completion of the OA-X program by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) from a 2018 viewpoint. It discusses the capabilities outlined in the OA-X Enabling Concept by the Air Combat Command (AAC), which include light attack capability, close air support (CAS)...
- AWACS/JSTARS707 Variants. Booth, Damon K.; Roukema, Robert C. // Flying Safety;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 60 Issue 1/2, p34
Presents information on U.S. Air Force E-8 Joint Surveillance and Target Attack Radar System (JSTARS) and E-3 mishaps in fiscal year (FY) 2003. Causes of the mishaps; Summary of E-8 Class C mishaps; Class C and Class E events involving E-3 planes; Statistics on Class A and Class B mishaps in FY...
- Teams to submit bids for airborne laser. Scott, William B. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/10/1996, Vol. 144 Issue 24, p45
Discusses progress of the United States Air Force's Airborne Laser (ABL). Its backing by the Clinton Administration and Congress; Details of ABL; Assertion that program is on schedule.
- Successful smart munition tests. Smith, Bruce A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/16/1996, Vol. 145 Issue 12, p17
States that the US Air Force Miniaturized Munitions Technology Demonstration (MMTD) program completed four sled tests at Eglin Air Force Base in Florida. The goal of the trials.
- Helicopters: H-1 H-53 H-60. Kelsey, Nate // Flying Safety;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 58 Issue 1/2, p38
Reports on the 2001 mishap record of H-1, H-53, and H-60 helicopters of the United States Air Force.
- Eagle vision trials readied. Covault, Craig // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/16/1994, Vol. 140 Issue 20, p56
Reports on the United States Air Force's field trials for its Eagle Vision portable ground station/intelligence integration system that will utilize Spot satellite imagery. Merging of commercial and non-American systems into basic U.S. intelligence and air mission planning capabilities;...