PEOPLE & POSTS
- WHATEVER HAPPENED TO PERSONNEL? Hayes, James L. // Industrial Management;Feb74, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p13
Comments on the realities of the function of the personnel officer. Basic patterns for extensive welfare services, minimum wages and better working conditions; Way to make company presidents interested in the social and psychological need of the employees; Characterization of the personnel man.
- Bosses shouldn't be afraid of being tougher with staff. Taylor, Gill // Third Sector;4/16/2013, Issue 748, p21
The article discusses the need for human resources managers to challenge issues involving their staff, which according to the author comes at a time when managers worry that making such a move will spoil the team's collaborative nature.
- PEOPLE & POSTS. // People Management;10/26/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 21, p11
Career developments involving human resources personnel and executives in Great Britain are discussed. Professor Michael Osbaldeston has been selected as chairman of the Association of Business Schools. Alison Hodgson has been appointed as head of resourcing for Royal Mail Group. Keith McNeish...
- Happy to be in HR. Scott, Anna // People Management;10/12/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 20, p16
The article reports on the job satisfaction of human resource (HR) professionals in Great Britain based on the People Management and Frazer Jones Workstyle Survey. Out of 350 respondents, 50% are happy while 23% are extremely happy with their work. The survey suggests that the image of HR is...
- Top job. Hodgson, Alison // Personnel Today;3/11/2003, p34
Interviews Alison Hodgson, human resources (HR) manager of catering company Sodexho SA, regarding her career. Changes expected in role of HR; Essential tool in HR managers job; Risk taken by Hodgson in her career. INSET: HODGSON'S CV.
- HIRING MANAGERS ARE ONE OF HR'S BIGGEST CHALLENGES. // HR Professional;Oct2014, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p10
The article reports on a survey conducted by The McQuaig Institute which shows that recruiting managers is one of the biggest challenges faced by human resources (HR) professionals.
- Workplace bullying: When HR is the target. // HR Specialist;Apr2012, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p1
The article informs about a survey on issues related to workplace bullying surrounding human resource (HR) professionals in the U.S. It mentions several forms of bullying including verbal abuse, threats, and derogatory e-mails. It includes that HR professionals are bullied by executives,...
- Editor's Letter. // HR Professional;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p8
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles within the issue on topics including the executives' study evaluating the value of human resources executives (HR), practical advice for winning the confidence of chief executive officers and talent management inside the...
- Summertime and the Livin' Is Easy. Steelman, Lisa // TIP: The Industrial-Organizational Psychologist;Jul2012, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p12
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including a study of leadership arrogance, another study on the use of selection procedures by human resource executives with different backgrounds and training, as well as a report on the science and practice of leadership...