Cape plc, strategic teamworking
- He said, she said. Allerton, Haidee // Training & Development;Mar97, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p9
Presents top 10 negative management behaviors that women employees think senior executives at their companies need to correct. Includes poor interpersonal skills; Poor communication skills; Failure to develop staff.
- Trust, Inspire and Encourage To Become A Better Coach. // Successful Supervisor;Sep2010, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p5
The article suggests ways on how managers can become a good coach to their employees to shape their growth and such include the need to gain the trust of employees, inspire them as well as to eencourage them.
- What managers can do to reform unprofessional performance. Jones, Tom E. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/22/2001, Issue 322838, p12
Focuses on the responsibility of managers to reform unprofessional performance of workers in California. Interpretation of needed improvements to make necessary changes; Functionality of high achievers; Significance of interaction between the leaders and the employees.
- PERMISSION TO SPEAK MY MIND. McPherson, Blair // Government News;Aug/Sep2010, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p20
The article focuses on the author's views on staff management. He believes that the role of management is not to tell people what to do but help them do it, thus, senior managers should set the example by being prepared to explain the thinking behind their decisions. He argues that to establish...
- Consignia to recruit new HR director into hot seat. Nelson, Paul // Personnel Today;9/10/2002, p2
Reports on the plan of Consignia to recruit a company-wide board-level human resource director. Aim of the company at improving industrial relations; Move of the company in increasing human resource influence into the organization; Responsibilities of a human resource director.
- A friend, indeed. Smith, Angela L. // Business Quarterly;Winter97, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p7
Reflects on whether someone can be a good boss without having some element of friendship in his relationship with his staff. Analysis of several definitions of `friend'; Experiences of the author as a boss; Reasons why people in an organization refuse responsibility.
- Managing the Underperformer. Smith, Ben // Windows IT Pro;May2007, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p79
The article discusses the three common mistakes that managers should not commit to avoid having underperforming employees. It presents five steps for managing underperforming employees. According to the author, these common mistakes include waiting too long to confront an underperformer, being...
- Hey Managers, Listen To Any Workers Lately? Morgan, Tom // Business Journal (Central New York);08/31/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 35, p23
Discusses the advantages for managers of considering feedback and suggestions from employees. Experience of Ford Motor Co. regarding the effectiveness of suggestion boxes; Recommendations for managers.
- Why don't they just get it? Bernstein, Albert J.; Rozen, Sydney Craft // Executive Female (0199-2880);Mar/Apr95, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p33
Discusses various aspects concerning the behavior and psychology of executives and employees. Ability of employees to perceive the attitudes of executives; Importance of learning by observation; Motivating employees to set perceptions about their employers' behaviors; Establishment of...