- Upcoming. // HR Magazine;Oct2008, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p114
A calendar of events for human resource (HR) professionals in the U.S. in October-November 2008 including the HR Generalist Certificate Program, PHR/SPHR Certification Preparation Course, and the SHRM Diversity Conference & Exposition.
- Staff with corporate and local knowledge is a top priority. Cottell, Colin // Recruiter;5/26/2010, p5
Information about the Ochre House Annual HR Directors' Symposium that was held in May 2010 in Great Britain is presented.
- Speakers line up for Smart Resourcing 2010. // Recruiter;5/26/2010, p7
The article offers information on the journal's Smart Resourcing 2010 conference to be held in September 22 in Great Britain.
- HR students first get grounding in business. Schoeff Jr., Mark // Workforce Management;6/24/2007, p3
The article presents information on the criticism faced by human resource (HR) professionals about lack business acumen. It is stated that participants at the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Annual Student Conference are attempting to overcome this obstacle through education as they...
- Leaving Las Vegas In a Winning Mood. Jackson, Henry G. // HR Magazine;Jul2011, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p8
In this article, the author discusses his experience at the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) 63rd Annual Conference & Exposition held in Las Vegas, Nevada in 2011. He claims that the almost 14,000 HR professionals who attended the conference are the people who achieved success during...
- Diary. // People Management;7/29/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 15, p47
Presents a calendar of events for personnel directors in England from August to September 2004. CPD upgrading surgery at the Quality Hotel; "CPD to Infinity and Beyond" at Passage House Hotel.
- GENERAL BENEFITS--ADDITIONAL Resources. // Benefits & Compensation Digest;Jul2006, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p21
The article presents an update on issues related to employee benefits. Risk & Insurance, in its March 2006 issue, features a report on changes in benefits arrangements between employers and workers in favor of account-based pensions and health plans. The 52nd Annual Employee Benefits Conference...
- Show's over. What now? Hollon, John // Workforce Management;7/17/2006, Vol. 85 Issue 13, p50
The article discusses the 2006 Society for Human Resources Management conference in the U.S. It is said that the event offers opportunity for human resources professionals to act naturally since their job requires them to be so proper and correct in their daily work lives. The professionals are...
- Conferences are brain-cell massacres. Hartley // Personnel Today;5/18/2004, p12
This article discusses the importance of conferences related to personnel management. The author says that conferences are not about brain stimulation, they are about brain-cell massacre, as another glass of wine tips the scales and leads people to that inevitable conclusion just around midnight...