- Pennies for parenthood. // Employers Law;Apr2013, p16
The article presents questions and answers related to statutory maternity pay (SMP) regulations under British employment law including how the SMP is calculated, how the SMP is calculated when there is a salary-sacrifice arrangement in place and which groups of individuals are excluded from the...
- Union chiefs 'will not collaborate' with PM's probe into bully tactics. Jason Groves // Daily Mail;11/18/2013, p12
MILITANT union bosses last night warned their members not to 'collaborate' with a government inquiry into the use of bully-boy tactics in industrial disputes.
- Crackdown on illegal migrant workers. // People Management;Jul2016, p19
The article reports that the Immigration Act 2016 in Great Britain in introducing a range of measures to prevent the employment of illegal migrants.
- Brussels gets in the family way. Carp, Juliet // Employers Law;Nov2008, p14
The article reports on the plan of the European Commission to issue a new directive on family rights. It is noted that the plan could have significant ramifications for British employers. The planned directive includes changes to maternity and paternity rights, and rights relating to care for...
- EMPLOYMENT LAW TIMETABLE. // Employers Law;Jul/Aug2008, p9
The article presents a timetable for changes in employment law in Great Britain occurring in October 2008 and April 2009. It notes that minimum wage rates would experience an increase come October 1. Amendments to the Sex Discrimination Act 1975 effective October 5 will narrow the extent to...
- NOW LIVE. // Employers Law;May2009, p17
The article presents questions and answers related to labor laws in Great Britain, such as can an employee refuse Transfer of Undertakings Protection of Employment (TUPE) transfers, resignation while on maternity leave and disciplinary without leave of absence.
- UK dads can now share maternity leave. // Work-Life Newsbrief & Trend Report;Oct2009, p6
The article reports on the plan of the British Government to allow fathers to share maternity leaves. It notes the labor law which allows mothers to have maternity leave of a year, wherein the nine months are paid. It highlights the new legislation allowing the mothers to return to work after...
- HR Space. // Employers Law;Sep2009, p17
The article presents questions and questions about British labor laws discussed in the Web site of HR Space at www.hrspace.co.uk. including how to manage grievance meetings involving two employees and two managers, when an employee can receive the time off and the holiday pay and entitlement...
- LAW NEWS. // People Management;10/16/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 21, p61
This section offers news briefs related to labor law in Great Britain. A proposal to increase maternity pay to 100 percent of salary for the first 18 weeks was issued by the European Commission (EC). A survey found that British businesses see compliance with age laws as time consuming. The Civil...