- SWOT ANALYSIS. // Astoria Financial SWOT Analysis;Mar2009, p1
No abstract available.
- SWOT ANALYSIS. // Astoria Financial SWOT Analysis;May2009, p1
No abstract available.
- Net Earnings Fall at Astoria. Simpson, Alton Gary // National Mortgage News;11/26/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p8
The article reports in the decrease in the net income of Astoria Financial Corp. for the third quarter of 2006. It is inferred that the company's net income declined to 14% compared to the same period in 2006. Astoria's loan portfolio and volume also increased during the period. The company...
- Astoria's Engelke Steps Down. Stewart, Jackie // American Banker;6/21/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 96, p16
The article announces Astoria Financial's chairman George L. Engelke Jr. resigned and Ralph F. Palleschi will take over as nonexecutive chairman of the New York holding company and its subsidiary Astoria Federal Savings and Loan Association.
- Despite gains, Astoria still has ample upside. // Dow Theory Forecasts;6/3/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 22, p8
Examines the impact of strong demand for mortgages on New York City-based financial services firm Astoria Financial Corp. Relationship between housing demand and employment levels; Increase in per-share profits between 1996 and 2001; Impact of stock buyback program.
- Astoria Financial: Short-term profits, long-term risks. Luhby, Tami // Crain's New York Business;07/12/99, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p4
Reports on Astoria Financial Corp.'s business strategy in the financial services industry in New York. Astoria's expansion beyond its thrift operations; Concerns of investors on Astoria's lending operations; Plans of the company for its mortgage origination channels; Focus of lending activities.
- Biz Lending Due Diligence. Dunn, Mary Mitchell // Credit Union Magazine;Dec2006, Vol. 72 Issue 12, p24
The article provides information about several business lending issues discussed during the annual review by the U.S. National Credit Union Administration Board, specifically due diligence. The Credit Union National Association has reviewed due diligence practices and procedures including...
- Appeals Court Overturns Award for Astoria. // American Banker;2/2/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 23, p20
The article focuses on the overturning of a court decision which awarded over four million dollars to Astoria Financial Corporation. The Lake Success, New York based Astoria Financial claimed that acquisitions costs had to be written off as a result of the savings and loan crisis in the 1980s....
- Building societies - all change or no change? Darnill, Andrew // Accountancy;Dec1984, Vol. 95 Issue 1096, p15
Comments on the British government's green paper on the future of building societies. Break-up of the building societies' lending cartel; Proposals for reforming the powers of building societies; Position of building societies in the financial sector; Highlight of other issues ignored by the...