Davy Crockett's Wedding License Application Ruled Property of State
- Crockett's grandson no chip off the old block. Haile, Bartee // Free Press (Buda, TX);10/15/2008, Vol. 105 Issue 28, p3C
The article pays tribute to the late Texas outlaw Davy Crockett.
- Hey, Kids! Who's Your State Hero? Wales, Andrew // Boys' Quest;Dec99/Jan2000, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p18
Features David Crockett, a hero in Texas who fought for its independence from Mexico in the 1830s.
- Davy Crockett... // Monkeyshines on America;Jul99 Tennessee Issue, p15
Profiles Davy Crockett, an expert marksman, skilled debater and a successful politician from Tennessee. Service during the War of 1812; Election of Crockett to the United States Congress in 1827 and 1829.
- Monkeyshines Meets Davy Crockett. Davis, Leigh // Monkeyshines on America;Jul99 Tennessee Issue, p35
Relates the author's experience in collecting information about marksman and politician Davy Crockett from Tennessee. Make-believe meeting with Crockett; History and achievements.
- DAVY CROCKETT. // Famous Texans Fact Cards;2001, p10
Highlights the life and career of Davy Crockett, a frontiersman from Limestone, Tennessee. Family background; Educational attainment; Achievements and recognitions; Role of Crockett in the Texans fight for independence.
- DAVY CROCKETT, TEXAS, AND SHARED IDENTITIES. Marks, Paula // Western Historical Quarterly;Winter2002, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p479
Provides information on a 2002 exhibit about frontiersman and politician Davy Crockett at the Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum. Features of the exhibit; Background on the establishment of the museum; Discussion on the contributions of Crockett to 19th- and 20th-century U.S.
- State purchases Davy Crockett letter. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);9/12/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p9
The article reports that the letter of Texas hero Davy Crockett to his son and daughter on January 9, 1836 has been purchased by the Texas Historical Commission (THC) for $550,000.
- KILT HIM A B'AR WHEN HE WAS ONLY THREE. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Aug2010, Issue 693, preceding p1
An obituary of Davy Crockett, a rifle owner, is presented.
- David Crockett. Lalire, Gregory J. // American History;Feb2004, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p16
Pays tribute to the late David Crockett, U.S. politician and solider.