LOYALTY AT WHAT COST?
- Please don't pick the cherries. Mogelonsky, Marcia // Marketing Tools;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 1 Issue 7, p10
Focuses on the pricing strategies used by supermarkets in the United States. Estimated number of customers lost from pricing competitions; Promotion of everyday low prices; Features of customer specific pricing, a strategy which uses scanning technology.
- Supermarket jury still out on price verdict. Martin, Alison // Marketing (00253650);7/20/2000, p17
Informs on a specialist brand research which discussed the implications of the marketing technique, Every Day Low Pricing (EDLP) embraced by a number of British supermarkets. Implications of EDLP both for the groups that embraced it (Asda and Tesco) and the skeptics (Sainsbury's and Safeway);...
- SN Price Check: Walmart wins in Windy City. // Supermarket News Expert Blog;10/ 3/2014, p1
A blog on the Supermarket News (SN) SN Price Check in Chicago, Illinois, is presented.
- We need clearer unit pricing for food. Davies, Sue // Grocer;8/17/2013, p25
The author reflects on the need for supermarkets to have a pricing unit that is clear and easy to understand.
- Morrisons cuts fail to shift Asda. Page, Emma // Grocer;1/26/2013, p21
The article discusses the price developments among supermarket chains in Great Britain, particularly the record-breaking seven consecutive weeks posted by Asda in terms of cheapest products offered.
- Discounter senken erneut Preise ab. // Lebensmittel Zeitung;1/31/2014, Issue 5, p4
The article announces that German discounter supermarkets Aldi, Norma, and Lidl are lowering their prices for nuts, wines, and cocktails.
- PRICE CHOPPER TO BUY 6 P&C STORES. // SN: Supermarket News;3/15/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p6
The article reports that Price Chopper Supermarkets will buy six P&C supermarkets from Tops Friendly Markets, as of March 2010.
- PRICE CHOPPER LAUNCHES HOUSE OF BBQ. // SN: Supermarket News;5/16/2011, Vol. 59 Issue 20, p22
The article offers information on the launch of the annual House of BBQ campaign by Price Chopper Supermarkets.
- Taking on the myth of `rip-off' supermarkets. Buck, Stephan // Marketing (00253650);9/9/1999, p13
Reports that supermarkets in Great Britain are overcharging the goods they sell. Investigation launched to look into the allegations; Price research carried out by Tesco.