- an eye for place. // National Geographic Traveler;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p78
The article presents the winners of the 17th annual photography contest held by the "National Geographic Traveler" magazine including Leng Bai of Tieling City, China for his photography of 80-year-old musician Zuozheng He, Larry Louie of Edmonton, Alberta for his photography of the city of...
- Manchester Village in 2012 and 1942. // Vermont Magazine;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p71
Photographs of Manchester Village, Vermont in 1942 and 2012 is presented, in which Union Street still looks the same after 70 years.
- Exploring the Relationship Between Photographer and Subject. Keim, Denise // Nieman Reports;Fall2001, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p22
Shares views on documentary photography. Concept of the medium; Comparison between documentary photography and newspaper photography; Implication of how photographers use the medium and their vision.
- Documenting Democracy in America. // Nieman Reports;Fall2001, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p33
Focuses on 'Indivisible: Stories of American Community,' a multi-media documentary photography project of the Center for Documentary Studies at Duke University, which documents grassroots democracy in the United States. List of efforts documented; Overview of photographers who participated in...
- Indivisible: Eau Claire, South Carolina. // Nieman Reports;Fall2001, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p34
Presents some photographs taken from 'Indivisible: Stories of American Community,' a multi-media documentary photography project focusing on grassroots democracy in Eau Claire, South Carolina.
- Revealing Afghanistan. // Nieman Reports;Fall2001, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p39
Presents three photographs taken from a documentary photography project in Afghanistan.
- Eye on Canada. Fleming, R. B. // Beaver;Jun/Jul2001, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p32
Focuses on the documentary photography of Frank Tyrell. Profile of Tyrell; Career background.
- Ian Willms. // Applied Arts Magazine;Oct2010, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p58
The article presents information on 25-year-old Toronto, Ontario-based documentary photographer Ian Willms, including five of his photography works.
- NON FICTION. Bicker, Phil // FADER;Dec2007, Issue 50, p164
Several documentary photographs from photographers such as Stephen DuPont, Ewen Spencer and Joseph Szabo are presented.