Taking the Mickey out of media Americanisation
- Digging up the media landscape. // Marketing Week;5/16/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p3
Focuses on the concerns of the telecommunication industry on the Communications bill in Great Britain. Standardization of broadcasting; Transformation of the commercial radio program; Combination of developments.
- SHUFFLING THE FOURTH ESTATE. Wilkinson, Amanda; Benady, David // Marketing Week;5/16/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p26
Focuses on the effects of the Communications Bill on media companies and advertisers in Great Britain. Alteration of the ruling regarding mergers and acquisitions; Apprehension on the increasing number of dominance; Decline of confidence. INSET: COMMUNICATIONS BILL.
- House Near Passing Wireless Tax Bill. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;07/12/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30930, p6
Reports the near approval of the United States House of a bill that will impose uniform taxation rules on the wireless telecommunications industry. Amendment of the Communications Act of 1934 by the legislation; Details of the existing wireless taxation system; Complaints of market participants...
- Pennsylvania forges legislative breakthrough...again. // CED;Aug2001, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p32
Focuses on the amendment of the Unlawful Telecommunications Device Act in Pennsylvania. Enhancement of the state telecommunications security statute; Increase of criminal penalties for violators; Empowerment of the court to order the destruction of unlawful devices.
- The feeling's mutual. Jackson, Donny // Telephony;09/25/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 13, p11
Focuses on a bill in the United States (U.S.) designed to abolish reciprocal compensation payments on Internet traffic. Factors contributing to the imbalance of reciprocal compensation revenues; Reasons the U.S. Federal Communications Commission has ruled that Internet traffic is not subject to...
- Baby Bells trying to defend their monopolies. Hollings, Sen. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;3/15/2002, Issue 322903, p27
Comments on the approval of the communications bill in the U.S. Extension to the monopoly in broadband communication; Competition in the telecommunication industry; Enforcement of the 1996 Telecommunications Act.
- Malicious communications. // Accountancy;Dec1987, Vol. 100 Issue 1132, p39
Reports on the Malicious Communications Bill, which makes the sending of indecent or offensive material to a person a criminal offense in Great Britain.
- House telecom subcommittee approves bill-and-keep billing. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;9/25/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p66
Focuses on the legislation aimed at ending the process of reciprocal compensation among wireless companies in the United States. Approval of the bill by the House telecom subcommittee; Utilization of a bill-and-keep method for wireless carriers; Views of telecommunications companies regarding...
- Bill for new regulator passes first hurdle in Senate. // Latin America Telecom;Jan2014, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p8
The article reports that the upper house of Chile's transport and telecommunications committee has accepted a bill that will divide the responsibilities of the regulator Sub-Secretaria de Telecomunicaciones (Subtel) between a new institution, the Superintendencia de Telecomunicaciones and Subtel.