Freeserve launches ads to push broadband services
- Broadband faces up to a BT log-jam. Hill, Jamie // Marketing Week;1/29/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p15
Focuses on the increased uptake of broadband services in Great Britain. Launch of intensive advertising campaigns by broadband providers; Dispute between Freeserve and British Telecom PLC (BT) over the charge imposed by the latter on Internet service providers; Citation of the partnership...
- Freeserve in ...8m brand revamp as portal war grows. Rosier, Ben // Marketing (00253650);3/16/2000, p1
Reports on the advertising campaign of Internet service provider, Freeserve scheduled for launching by April 2000 in Great Britain.
- Freeserve uses nudists to highlight internet freedom. Grant, Jules // Marketing (00253650);11/15/2001, p22
Focuses on the brand advertising campaign of Freeserve, an Internet service provider in Great Britain. Use of nudists in illustrating the freedom of the Internet in the campaign; Rank of the advertisement in the top advertising listing; Agency behind the conceptualization and production of the...
- Free Wireless Access? ISP Ups The Ante Into 3G. Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;10/18/99, Vol. 5 Issue 42, p16
Features the business efforts of FreeServe plc chief executive officer John Pluthero in the telecommunications industry in Great Britain. Significance of the Internet electronic mail service in Great Britain; Partnership with Energis; Competition with British Telecommunication.
- Freeserve plans ad blitz for Â£20m Wanadoo rebrand. // Marketing (00253650);4/8/2004, p3
Freeserve PLC is to unveil a long-running advertising campaign that will tell customers it is changing its name to that of its French parent, Wanadoo. The Â£ 20m re-brand was first revealed at the end of year 2003. The activity will see Great Britain's biggest Internet service provider (ISP)...
- Charcol and Freeserve join up to push mortgages. // Precision Marketing;3/22/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 25, p6
Highlights the partnership of Charcol with Freeserve to launch a campaign to promote the flexibility of Charcol's online mortgage product. Target market of the advertising campaign; Charcol's financial services.
- Wanadoo in web 'pop idol' to back legal downloads. // Marketing (00253650);3/18/2004, p4
Wanadoo SA, Freeserve PLC's French parent, is launching a multi-million-pound campaign to promote legal music downloads through a pan-European talent contest. The Wanadoo Discoveries competition, which is running across Europe and through Freeserve in Great Britain, is a web-based competition in...
- Freeserve plans complaints over BT ads strategy. Chandiramani, Ravi // Marketing (00253650);9/26/2002, p3
Details the complaints of Freeserve PLC against the advertising strategies of BT Group PLC in Great Britain.
- Success story? Downing, Robbie // Lawyer;5/12/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p21
Comments on the British Competition Appeal Tribunal's ruling on Freeserve PLC's appeal of a decision by telecommunications regulator Oftel rejecting the company's anti-competitive complaints against British Telecom PLC. Overview of the case; Basis of the tribunal's judgment; Impact of the...