Evening Standard starts review of Â£2.5m ad brief
- Bates Moves B&W Account to 141. Mack, Ann M. // Adweek Eastern Edition;11/19/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 47, p6
Reports the selection of 141 Worldwide to handle the advertising campaign of Bates in New York. Reorganization of the advertising procedure; Consistency of the message; Integration of the marketing unit.
- Bates uses toilet humor for Nouvelle. Tylee, John // Campaign (UK);06/18/99, Issue 24, p6
Reports on the television advertisment developed by Bates UK for Nouvelle recycled toilet tissue. Use of toilet humor in the advertisement.
- Bates UK consolidates creative departments. Tylee, John // Campaign;07/16/99, Issue 28, p4
Reports that advertising firm, Bates UK has combined the creative departments of its advertising business in Great Britain. Officials appointed for the consolidated units; Description of the combined responsibilities at the company.
- Yet another Bates story. // Campaign;12/03/99, Issue 48, p52
Comments on the increasing number of news about the troubles at Great Britain-based advertising agency, Bates UK.
- Bates print work finds a good home at Trust. // Campaign;11/28/2003, Issue 48, p48
A poignant finale to the demise of Bates UK, about to bring down the curtain on a London presence stretching back almost 100 years. An impressive collection of the advertising agency's print work dating back to 1915 has been saved from the skip to swell the archives at the History of Advertising...
- HOTLINE. // Campaign (UK);10/25/2002, Issue 42, p3
Presents several news items related to advertising agencies as of October 25, 2002. Head of the film, press and outdoor juries at the 50th Annual International Advertising Festival in Cannes, France; Janie Balcomb to become joint managing director of Believe UK; Helen Law hired as the senior...
- Bates restructure sees Stubbings change role. Tylee, John // Campaign (UK);09/22/2000, Issue 38, p2
Reports on the management reorganization of British creative agency Bates UK. Search for a chief executive; John Stubbings' assumption of control of below-the-line operations; Work of Andrew Cracknell as executive creative director; Names of executives who have resigned.
- Business performance league: 29 June. // Campaign;6/29/2001, Issue 26, p10
Lists the best-performing British advertising agencies, based on net billings in the week of June 29, 2001. Bates UK Ltd.; WCRS; M&C Saatchi.
- TRACK RECORD. // Adweek New England Edition;6/10/2002, Vol. 39 Issue 24, p36
Presents brief history of Bates advertising agency from 1997 to 2002. De-merger with Saatchi & Saatchi; Appointment of Bill Whitehead as chief executive officer; Advertising accounts lost by the agency.