Cycling body appoints ex-Allied Domecq marketer to head drive
- Read all about it. // In Britain;Mar97, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p7
Features brochures on cycling routes in Great Britain. `The Buzzard,' from the East Devon District Council; `Eden for Walkers' describing routes in Eden Valley in Cumbria.
- New cycle network. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Dec94, Vol. 66 Issue 12, p7
Reports that the charity Sustrans is looking to get the British government's backing for a planned 8,000-kilometer cycling network.
- Investigating the needs of the recreational cyclist. Lumsdon, Les // TPR: Town Planning Review;Oct2000, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p477
The planning and implementation of recreational cycle routes in the United Kingdom has for the most part been a resource-led activity, primarily determined at a local level. With the momentum created by government and the National Cycle Network, casual recreational cycling is likely to grow in...
- On your Bike. Glendell, Paul // In Britain;Oct/Nov2004, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p64
The article reports on a cycling expedition along the new Devon Coast In Great Britain. The Devon Coast to Coast uses National Route 27, part of Great Britain's National Cycle Network, which is co-ordinated by the charity Sustrans. By 2005, there should be 10,000 miles of marked cycle routes,...
- BRITAIN'S BEST ON TWO WHEELS. JOHNSON, WENDY // British Heritage;Oct/Nov2015, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p55
The article focuses on the history of Great Britain's National Cycle Network. The author explains that the Network includes 14,000 miles of cycling paths throughout England, Scotland, and Wales, and describes several routes, including Llangollen Canal in North Wales, the Viking Coastal Trail in...
- Pedal Power in the U.K. Lisella, Maria // Travel Agent;07/24/2000, Vol. 300 Issue 8, p76
Focuses on long-distance bicycle routes in Great Britain. Major destination for environmentally conscious tourism; Expansion of the National Cycle Network; Descriptions of regional routes such as the Scotland National Cycle Route and Sea-to-Sea Cycle Route.
- Sherwood gears up. // Forestry & British Timber;Oct2007, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p3
The article reports on the plan to establish a new mountain bike facilities in Sherwood Pines Forest Park in England. The Forestry Commission will undertake Â£300,000 scheme to create a National Centre of Excellence for Off-roading that starts on October and will be completed on 2009. Chris...
- SHERWOOD GEARS UP! // Forestry & British Timber;Oct2007, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p8
The article reports on the plan to establish a new mountain bike facilities in Sherwood Pines Forest Park in England. The Forestry Commission will undertake Â£300,000 scheme to create a National Centre of Excellence for Off-roading that starts on October and will be completed on 2009. The...
- Cycling the Monsal Trail. REEVES, SCOTT // British Heritage;Nov2013, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p38
The article focuses on the history of the bike path known as Monsal Trail, which is located in the Peak District National Park in Great Britain and links the cities of London, England and Manchester, England. The author explains that the trail was once the Midland Railway, discusses how the...