- Good PALs Come In Small Frames. Hogan, Jessica L. // Review of Optometry;05/15/2000, Vol. 137 Issue 5, p41
Provides guidelines for the prescription of progressive addition lenses (PAL). Importance of careful frame fitting for presbyopic patients; Need to consider the activities of patients in lens recommendations; Differences between short-corridor PAL and conventional designs. INSET: Let's Get...
- standout sunglasses. WIKIEL, YOLANDA // Real Simple;Jul2013, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p36
The article features a selection of sunglasses that are available in the U.S. as of July 2013 which include the Rebecca Minkoff frames, mirrored lenses from Elizabeth and James and shades from Quay Eyeware Australia.
- THE OPTICIAN'S CORNER. Mattison-Shupnick, Mark // 20/20;Apr2010, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p95
An introduction to a series of articles on frame adjusting published within the issue which include "Getting Adjusted," by optician Andrew Bruce and "Lenses and Technology" are presented.
- MADE IN THE SHADE. C. R. // American Salon;June2014, Vol. 137 Issue 6, p28
The article focuses on retro-style spectacle frames with stainless steel hinges and offer 100 percent protection from ultraviolet rays.
- POSITON OF WEAR. Meister, Darryl // 20/20;Oct2013, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p95
An excerpt on position of wear (POW) that describes eyeglass frame positions and how to wear eyeglasses, as discussed by the author, is presented.
- FORM follows FUNCTION. Pierce, Laurie L. // Optometry Times;Mar2013, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p22
The article highlights the evolution of the eyeglasses style. In the 1950s and the 1960s, colored acetate/zyl became trendy and frame fashion started to come with color and style and in the new millennium, frames take the best of the past and combines it with the technology available in the...
- For your eyes only. // Echo Magazine;2/27/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p41
Evaluates eyeglasses, frames and accessories. Description of Prodesign Frames from Sassy Glasses; Eyeglass retainers from Sassy Glasses; Polarized Lenses offered by SpecTickles.
- Consumer Barometer Shows Dip In Total Vision Care Revenues. // Vision Monday;9/7/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p012
The article focuses on the drop in the revenues of the total vision care market in the U.S. for the 12-month period which ended in June 2009. The eye care sector saw its revenues dropped from 33.6 billion U.S. dollars in the previous year to 32.7 million dollars as reported by Vision Watch...
- A BUNDLE OF JOY. Walker, Christie // LabTalk;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 40 Issue 20C, p20
The article provides tips and best practices on selling lenses for children's eyewear. It offers tips to increase sales including creating a children's eyewear package and having the frames and doing a package program at a discounted price. Tips for promoting antireflective (AR) or Transitions...