Receiving Orders Via the Internet & Remote Tracing
- Amtech to Install at Action Packaging. // Official Board Markets;9/26/2009, Vol. 85 Issue 39, p10
The article reports on the installation of Amtech's advanced Imaginera system by Action Packaging Systems Inc. in Washington, Pennsylvania. Imaginera is a Windows-based software solution for the box industry. It adds that companies which are using Imaginera decrease turnaround time for quotes,...
- What You Need To Know About…SPIN COATING CHOICES. Johnson, Joel // LabTalk;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 38 Issue 19C, p40
The article focuses on spin coating as a factor that may help optical laboratories to increase profits and reduce processing costs. According to the author, laboratory operators should be vigilant of the coating materials they use to avoid unwanted possibilities for machine failure, unnecessary...
- WHY CUSTOMERS BAIL -- AND WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT. LEE, JUDITH // LabTalk;May/Jun2013, Vol. 41, p12
The article discusses a poll of eyecare professionals (ECPs) that reveals reasons customers leave their optical laboratory and what can be done about it. Among the reasons customers leave their optical laboratory are price, turnaround time, customer service/poor communication, inability to...
- Rail 'buoyant' at troubled Alstom. // Railway Gazette International;Jul2003, Vol. 158 Issue 7, p460
Presents an update on the business activities of Alstom, as of July 2003. Worth of the orders received by Alstom; Cost cutting efforts done by the company.
- CPOE and Patient Safety. Hagland, Mark // Healthcare Informatics;Jun2011, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p76
An interview with Christopher A. Longhurst, M.D., from Lucile Packard Children's Hospital, California is presented. He points out that they created a tremendous amount of customizations from the core Cerner computerized physician order entry (CPOE) when they rolled out. He notes his indebtedness...
- Buy, Not Borrow: Building a Bridge to a Patron-Centric Collection -- A Case Study at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga's Lupton Library. Dunn, Melanie J.; Murgai, Sarla // Southeastern Librarian;Spring2014, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p10
The article describes the case of the Chattanooga's Lupton Library at the University of Tennessee to address the resource needs of library patrons. Topics covered include the efforts of the library to limit its operational costs without degrading the quality of service, efforts to reduce the...
- Transitions Academy. // LabTalk;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 36 Issue 159, p40
Several images from the Transitions Academy event for optical laboratories and lens manufacturers are presented.
- Improve Your Business Processes for ERP Efficiency. Allen, Tim // Strategic Finance;May2011, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p54
The article discusses several ways businesses can cut costs, reduce labor, and increase profitability by automating processes with readily-available software. Improvements addressed include those related to back-office administrative processes, contract administration and management processes,...
- Meaningful Use: Later, Not Sooner. // Journal of AHIMA;Feb2011, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p13
The article reports on the survey conducted by the College of Health Information Management Executives (CHIME) on the 191 members of the Medicare meaningful use program in the U.S.