Alcohol consumption and cancer risk: revisiting guidelines for sensible drinking
- Water could reduce the hazard of cancer from spirits Boyland, E. // British Journal of Industrial Medicine;Jun1989, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p423
No abstract available.
- Heavy drinking link to cancer. // PRWeek (London);4/15/2011, p6
The article reports on the latest study in Europe, particularly in such countries as Great Britain, France and Italy, as of April 2011, which showed that alcohol accounts for around 13,000 cases of cancer annually in Great Britain.
- Alcohol-related social disorder and rural youth victims and perpetrators. Williams, Paul // Youth Studies Australia;Sep2001, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p11
Presents a study of teenagers who became victims or perpetrators of social disorder resulting from alcohol consumption in rural Australia. Relationship between alcohol and social disorder; Data and sample used; Report on alcohol consumption in rural and metropolitan areas; Profile of victims.
- COMMENTARY: IF YOU DRINK ALCOHOL, DRINK SENSIBLY: IS THIS GUIDELINE STILL APPROPRIATE? Jacobs, Liezille; Steyn, Nelia // Ethnicity & Disease;Winter2013, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p110
Objective: Alcohol abuse remains one of the most serious substance abuse disorders in South African society, resulting in inordinately large social, economic and health problems at all levels of society. Alcohol consumers in South Africa are estimated to drink 16.6L per annum with a per capita...
- Suicide, violence and child abuse: a review of the impact of alcohol consumption on social problems. Rossow, Ingeborg // Contemporary Drug Problems;Fall2000, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p397
Examines the impact of alcohol consumption on social problems. Relationship of suicide and child abuse with alcoholism; Association between intoxication and suicidal behavior; Accounts of theoretical models relating intoxication with sexual violence; Risk factors used to determine the impact of...
- One Man's Burden. O'Donnell, Michael // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);3/2/1985, Vol. 290 Issue 6469, p718
Argues on the notion of politicians on the challenge of physicians to solve the social problem of alcohol consumption in Great Britain. Significance of a political control for the solution of alcoholism; Need of political leaders to exert preventive action on the problem; Danger of labeling a...
- 'One man's vodka is another man's firewater': international comparisons of drinking and drinking problems. Smith, Richard // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);10/11/1986, Vol. 293 Issue 6552, p944
Highlights the conference of the International Group for Comparative Alcohol Studies in Poland. Ways of reducing alcohol consumption; Identification of social problem; Drinking patterns and alcohol related problems in the country.
- Association of oral cancers with alcohol consumption: Exploring mechanisms. Harris, Emily L. // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;11/19/97, Vol. 89 Issue 22, p1656
Editorial. Explores the association of oral cancers with alcohol consumption. Examination of underlying mechanisms and cofactors of the environmental causes of oral cancers; Possible carcinogenic effect of ethanol; Hypothesis on the effect of alcohol consumption on cancer risk due to bacterial...
- Underage drinking and a beast bod. // Eastern Door;11/1/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 43, p23
The article presents an advice for a reader who is asking who made the rules on underage drinking and how to prevent cancer.