Bacteremia outbreak tied to improper filtration by compounding pharmacy
- Worth Repeating. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Sep2011, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p60
The article presents quotes from James Dickow of Dickow Consulting Group LLC on supply chain managers, Utpal Khambholja of Advanced Sterilization Products on nosocomial infections and Paul Ford of Sciessent LLC on nosocomial infections.
- Sterilization times for wrapped vs. unwrapped items; cracking the sterilizer door revisited; face mask protocol. Taurasi, Ray // Healthcare Purchasing News;Jan2013, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p41
The article presents questions and answers related to hospital sterile processing departments, including questions on the flash sterile processing of surgical instruments, the removal of equipment from sterilizers, and why central sterile processing department employees should not wear face...
- 2.3 Non-sterile and sterile gloves: application and removal. Jones, Menna Lloyd // British Journal of Healthcare Assistants;Feb2014, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p64
The article offers step-by-step instructions for using non-sterile and sterile gloves, its application and removal when used on patient care for the prevention and control of infection.
- Hands-free automated disinfection systems for patient areas. Brustoski, Kim // Healthcare Purchasing News;Sep2013, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p34
The article discusses the need for having automated disinfection systems for patient areas in hospitals. It discusses how risk for Healthcare-Acquired Infection (HAl) occur and how an effective cleaning and disinfection regimen can help in preventing HAIs. It also offers information on various...
- Correction. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Dec2014, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p34
A correction to the article "CS Solutions" in the November 2014 issue is presented.
- Test swabs & foreign matter; count sheets; clean scope hang time. Taurasi, Ray // Healthcare Purchasing News;Jun2013, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p60
The article presents several questions and answers related to the sterilization of medical apparatus, including questions on the acceptable use of protein and blood detection swabs, on whether it is harmful to put instrument count sheets inside of surgical instrument sets and the length of time...
- SELF-STUDY SERIES. Sterility-You couldn't see it then; you can's see it now. Schneider, Philip // Healthcare Purchasing News;Oct2011, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p34
The continuing-education article discusses the management of steam sterilization in the healthcare industry. The discussion focuses on the attributes and limitations of physical monitors, chemical indicators, and biological indicators used to verify the effectiveness of the sterilization...
- Cone Health reduces HAIs by 42% and saves $2.3 million. Jo Cagle, Mary // Healthcare Purchasing News;Sep2012, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p64
The article profiles Cone Health, a five campus hospital system in North Carolina that had an unacceptably high methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus transmission rate and created a successful initiative to eliminate infection risk which included the system's infection prevention,...
- Worth Repeating. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Jun2014, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p68
The article offers views from readers on inventory management and sterile processing technology at healthcare facilities including the need for supply chain and value analysis, the importance of transparency with supply chain partners, and measurement technologies.