Drug shortage solutions elude stakeholders
- FDA'S oversight shouldn't encroach on data systems. // Modern Healthcare;09/30/96, Vol. 26 Issue 40, p29
Editorial. Comments on the plans of the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to take on the challenge of regulating clinical decision-support systems as medical devices. Persons in the health care industry that should be concerned of the plan of the FDA; What the FDA will be able...
- Check Out the 7 Entrapment Zones. // Long-Term Care Survey Alert;Sep2010, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p70
The article outlines seven entrapment zones and measurements in a hospital bed system as specified by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- FDA issues warning about hospital bed side rails. // FDA Consumer;Dec95, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p5
Reports that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has warned that the side rails of hospital beds pose a risk of trapping certain patients during use. FDA reports; FDA recommendations.
- Codes of Help. Carmichael, Mary // Newsweek;11/18/2002, Vol. 140 Issue 21, p10
Reports that New York Methodist Hospital in Brooklyn, New York will use a system that uses bar-code scanners to track drug distribution. Possibility that the Horizon Outlook bar-code system could save lives; Efforts of the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to push for heavier...
- High-tech operations. Neil, Robert // Materials Management in Health Care;Aug2003, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p17
Focuses on the prevalence of robotics in hospitals. Use of a three-armed robot in conjunction with other systems by the Zeus system; Approval of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for the use of Zeus system in general and laparoscopic surgeries; Control of the system by the surgeon.
- Drug Shortages Reveal GMP Concerns. Wechsler, Jill // Pharmaceutical Technology Europe;Jun2002, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p17
Determines the production problems affecting the availability of drugs and injectables in the U.S. Creation of drug shortage list on the U.S. Food and Drug Administration Website; Complaints of pharmacists on the inaccessibility of therapies in hospitals and clinics; Factors contributing to...
- FDA is urged to speed up the rollout of proposed UDI system. // AHA News;11/19/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 23, p3
The article reports on the move by the American Hospital Association (AHA) to appeal to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to expedite the implementation of the unique device identification (UDI) system within three years rather than the proposed seven years.
- PROFESSIONAL UPDATE: Events in brief. // RN;Oct82, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p11
Present updates on nursing in the U.S. as of October 1982. Details of an amendment to stop nonprofit hospitals from leaving the Social Security System; Rejection of a male nurse's sex discrimination suit by a federal district court; Warning of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration on solutions...
- FDA issues hospital-bed injury warning. Kostreski, Farah // AHA News;8/28/95, Vol. 31 Issue 35, p3
Reports on the warning by the Food and Drug Administration on the possible risk of elderly patients being trapped in hospital-bed side rails. Documentation since 1990 of patients whose heads, necks or limbs have become trapped in side rails resulting in the death of some patients;...