Drug shortage solutions elude stakeholders
- FDA'S oversight shouldn't encroach on data systems. // Modern Healthcare;09/30/96, Vol. 26 Issue 40, p29
Editorial. Comments on the plans of the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to take on the challenge of regulating clinical decision-support systems as medical devices. Persons in the health care industry that should be concerned of the plan of the FDA; What the FDA will be able...
- Check Out the 7 Entrapment Zones. // Long-Term Care Survey Alert;Sep2010, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p70
The article outlines seven entrapment zones and measurements in a hospital bed system as specified by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- FDA issues warning about hospital bed side rails. // FDA Consumer;Dec95, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p5
Reports that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has warned that the side rails of hospital beds pose a risk of trapping certain patients during use. FDA reports; FDA recommendations.
- Codes of Help. Carmichael, Mary // Newsweek;11/18/2002, Vol. 140 Issue 21, p10
Reports that New York Methodist Hospital in Brooklyn, New York will use a system that uses bar-code scanners to track drug distribution. Possibility that the Horizon Outlook bar-code system could save lives; Efforts of the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to push for heavier...
- High-tech operations. Neil, Robert // Materials Management in Health Care;Aug2003, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p17
Focuses on the prevalence of robotics in hospitals. Use of a three-armed robot in conjunction with other systems by the Zeus system; Approval of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for the use of Zeus system in general and laparoscopic surgeries; Control of the system by the surgeon.
- PROFESSIONAL UPDATE: Events in brief. // RN;Oct82, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p11
Present updates on nursing in the U.S. as of October 1982. Details of an amendment to stop nonprofit hospitals from leaving the Social Security System; Rejection of a male nurse's sex discrimination suit by a federal district court; Warning of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration on solutions...
- Device-intensive procedures named in report on outlier pay. McCARTY, MARK // Medical Device Daily;11/19/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 224, p1
The article discusses a report by the U.S. Office of Inspector General at the Department of Health and Human Services which states that about 160 hospitals received 13 percent of the Medicare reimbursement through outlier payments compared to 2.2 percent for all hospitals. According to the...
- Cutting-edge treatment for cancer. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;8/25/2003-9/01/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 17, p13
Reports that Nyack Hospital has introduced radioimmunotheraies for patients with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in the U.S. Accounts on the approval of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to market Zevalin; Classification of the forms of disease based on the type lymphoma cells involved in the...
- FDA urged to withdraw framework for oversight of laboratory developed tests. // AHA News;11/21/2014, Vol. 50 Issue 23, p2
The article reports on the call of over 50 organizations, which include the American Hospital Association (AHA), for the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to withdraw its proposal to regulate laboratory developed tests in 2014.