New drugs and dosage forms
- Well-timed drug delivery. // Current Health 1;Sep96, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p2
Reports on the increasing attention given by medical researchers to chronotherapy, the concept of a time-release system for medicine.
- Drugs in plastic beads show promise. // Executive Health's Good Health Report;Jun97, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p6
Explores the use of drugs encased in plastic beads as alternative options for administration of drug injections. Advantages of the microsphere drug delivery system; Substances that may be administered by the system.
- Medication instruction design: Younger and older adult schemas for taking medication. Morrow, Daniel G.; Leirer, Von O. // Human Factors;Dec1996, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p556
Examines younger and older adults' schema for taking their medication. Experiment on age differences in schema organization; Experiment on participants recollection of instructions; Adherence and cognitive abilities; Aging and adherence; Instruction for older adults; Ward's minimum variance...
- Cancer drug targets Alzheimer's. Gillings, Annabel // New Scientist;11/25/95, Vol. 148 Issue 2005, p24
States that a drug used to treat breast cancer also reduces the size of harmful protein deposits in AL amyloidosis, a disease similar to Alzheimer. Information of protein deposits.
- New licensed drugs. Ferner, R.E. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/09/96, Vol. 313 Issue 7066, p1157
Discusses the undesirable impact of general use of newly licensed drugs. Failure of the licensing process to define uncommon adverse effects; Absence of relative efficacy in licensing decisions; Licensing decisions made by the UK Licensing Authority through the Medicines Control Agency;...
- Treatment under the Mental Health Act 1983: putting the record straight. Williams, Barry // Mental Health Practice;Jul2002, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p22
Explores the question on whether to administer medication to a patient for his or her mental disorder when he or she is detained by virtue of an application for assessment. Review of the terms under the Great Britain's 1983 Mental Health Act; Relationship between the common law and the Mental...
- Fundamental Aspects of Medicines. Mitchell, Gary // Emergency Nurse;Mar2013, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p10
The article reviews the book ``Fundamental Aspects of Medicines,'' by Jon Waterfieid and Peter Rivers.
- Medicine Management Skills for Nurses. Mitchell, Gary // Nursing Older People;Oct2013, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p10
No abstract available.
- The wetter, the better. Wolfe, Yun Lee // Prevention;Jan97, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p52
Reports that liquid may help certain angina medications work faster. The effect of the water when taking sublingual nitrates or nitrate mouth sprays; The research of Scott Kinlay and associates as reported in the September 1, 1996 `American Journal of Cardiology.'
- Drug regimens for adults and adolescents. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;6/27/1997 Supplement RR-12, Vol. 46, p28
Provides statistical information on drug regimens for adults and adolescents.