Maximizing a small inventory
- Rethinking inventory management. Friedman // Supply House Times;Jul99, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p96
Outlines some of the varied symptoms of an outdated inventory management system. Indications of problems within distributor's company; Value of inventory-management systems for distributors; Considerations when updating or rethinking inventory management system.
- Open-Stock: Myth or Legend? Stainbrook, Craig // Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operation;Jul2000, Vol. 61 Issue 7, p21
Takes a look at the reasons why some suppliers provide inventory-management services in the United States. Tool for attracting or keeping customers; Myths about management of open-stock items; Savings from the conversion of `closed stock' to `open-stock.'
- Inventory cost accounting systems: Which do you use? McNamara, A.J. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;May2003, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p6A
Offers advice on how safety distributors could manage their inventory and improve profitability. Assessment of the company's computer inventory program has some options to run reports on slow or dead inventory; Information that should be included in such a report; Focus on the goal of...
- ADA puts its computer ducks in a row. Morris, Chris // Billboard;8/10/96, Vol. 108 Issue 32, p54
Focuses on Alternative Distribution Alliance's (ADA) inventory-management system for its distributed labels. Information provided by the system; Developments concerning the company's recording artists.
- Reduce those expanding inventories. Richardson, Helen L. // Transportation & Distribution;Mar99, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p81
Offers suggestions in improving inventory management. Findings from the `Inventory Reduction Report'; Winning strategies of manufacturers and distributors; Impact of excess inventory.
- HOW ARE DISTRIBUTORS OPTIMIZING PROFITABILITY? Lawrence, F. Barry; Krishnadevarajan, Pradip; Chidambaram, Maharajan // Review of the Electronic & Industrial Distribution Industries;2007, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p66
The paper first takes a look at the current practices that distributors follow in order to optimize the profit and loss statement (P&L) and hence Return on Investment (ROI). The results are based on survey/interviews conducted by the authors with distribution companies across multiple...
- USED-TRUCK RALLY AVOIDS EXTREMES. Kelly, Sean // Overdrive;Sep2002, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p12
Focuses on the used-truck inventory in the U.S. Percentage of plunge values on used trucks; Expectations of large fleets by used truck dealers; Stability of Truck Blue Book' popularity.
- Integration, flexibility and support. // Works Management;Apr1998, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p22
The article discusses the installation of an upgraded Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) II system at hydraulic control equipment manufacturer Sterling Hydraulics in Sommerset, England. The company's previous system needed to be replaced because it could not keep up with the demands of a...
- Kill some roaches! Weber, Rick // Trailer / Body Builders;Mar2010, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p36
The article focuses on the need for distribution companies to view their inventory as cash in another form. Samples should reportedly be tracked when sales staff take them and be safeguarded from easy picking by people. It is stated that warehouse employees should be made aware that they are...