New study examines fleet trailer demand
- Side skirts receive Smart Way verification. // Fleet Owner;Apr2010, Vol. 105 Issue 4, p24
The article reports on the verification from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency SmartWay organization received by the two side skirts of Utility Trailer Manufacturing Co.
- Government fleet counts: up, up, up. // Government Product News;Jan2009, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the "Highway Statistics 2007" report in the U.S. The report noted that governments continue to expand their fleets, where they own a total of 4.17 million which indicates an increase from 4.10 million tallied in the previous year. It is stated that the total fleet sizes...
- Trailer orders shatter record in October. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;11/20/2014, p2
The article reports on the increase in net orders placed by customers for trailers in October 2014 driven by leasing firms and major fleets, according to freight transportation information resource FTR.
- Untitled. // Motor Transport;2/9/2015, p6
The article reports on the increase in number of Euro-6 trucks and trailers at the vehicle rental firm Dawsonrentals.
- Xtra Lease adding 2,000 trailers to fleet. // Fleet Owner;Mar2013, Vol. 108 Issue 3, p64
The article reports on the move of rental and leasing company Xtra Lease to add more than 2,000 trailers to its fleet in 2013 that will include a mix of dry vans, flatbeds, and lift-gate van trailers, and mentions its plan to retrofit hundreds of 2010 model-year trailers in California.
- LGV market overview. // Motor Transport;5/31/2007, p8
This article reports on a shortage of stock in the truck industry in Great Britain in 2007. According to Manheim Auction commercial vehicle business manager Brian Rossington, the supply of vehicles direct from fleets has not improved in April or so and the general feeling is that the situation...
- Trailer failed annual test five times. // Motor Transport;6/26/2003, p6
Reports on the failure of a waste fleet's trailer in its annual test in Wales. Possible reason for the failure; Comments from director David Penny.
- Eurovision sees in eight new Euroliners. // Commercial Motor;8/25/2011, Vol. 216 Issue 5447, p12
The article reports on the delivery of eight new Euroliners from Schmitz Cargobull (UK) Ltd. as part of the fleet refreshment of Hull, England-based Eurovision Logistics.
- CKCVR survey results indicate slow rebound. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jan2008, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p22
The article focuses on the result of a survey of fleet managers about equipment buying plans for 2008 released by CK Commercial Vehicle Research (CKCVR) in the U.S. Majority of respondents indicated that they planned to purchase power equipment. About 64% said that they planned to buy trailers...