Volvo Trucks leads the charge for industrial energy savings
- Volvo Trucks leads the charge for industrial energy savings. // Bulk Transporter;Sep2011, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p14
The article focuses on the Save Energy Now LEADER Program launched by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) which was led by Volvo Trucks North America Inc. along with 31 other companies for industrial energy savings.
- Volvo Trucks Awarded Dual Energy Certifications. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;3/7/2012, p2
The article reports on certifications given to the New River Valley (NRV) assembly plant of the company Volvo Trucks in Dublin, Virginia for promoting energy efficiency. NRV received the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 50001 certification under a pilot program supported by...
- in brief. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Sep2005, Vol. 162 Issue 9, p20
Presents news briefs on automotive transportation in the U.S. as of September 2005. Value of grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Energy to International Truck and Engine; Release of brand starters and alternators from Delco Remy; Addition of parts distribution center in Baltimore, Maryland...
- Volvo offers Fuelwatch program. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Oct2008, Vol. 165 Issue 10, p32
The article reports on the launch by Volvo Trucks North America of its Fuelwatch initiative at the Great American Trucking Show in Dallas, Texas, to help fleet managers and truck operators achieve maximum fuel economy. It is said that a major element of Fuelwatch will be driver training, which...
- Volvo aims to save energy in its truck production plants. // Trailer / Body Builders;Mar2005, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p20
Reports on the reduction in energy consumption made by Volvo Trucks organization. Aim of the energy conservation efforts of Volvo; Gap between energy consumption and world class in 2002; Investment made by the company in 2005.
- Money talks. Cullen, David // Fleet Owner;Sep97, Vol. 92 Issue 9, p102
Focuses on information related to the Volvo Trucks North America. Reason for the company's name change; Investigation by the European Union Commission into subsidies granted to Volvo Truck by the Swedish government; Predictions of a decrease in the European truck market, by Volvo's chief...
- Volvo drives truckers online to customize their own rigs. Teasdale, Sara // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Mar1998, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p23
States that Volvo Trucks North America is promoting its web site potential to reach customers. What the site offers; Comments from Jim Lesinski, director of marketing communications and research at Volvo Trucks; When the web site was introduced.
- New tractor options, features enhance productivity. // Bulk Transporter;Oct2007, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p111
The article evaluates the two new tractors from Volvo Trucks North America Inc. including the Volvo VN 780 and the Volvo VN 730.
- Volvo unveils next generation. Mele, Jim // Fleet Owner;Oct2002, Vol. 97 Issue 10, p34
Introduces the VN automobile from Volvo Trucks North America Inc. Design of the automobile; Product specifications; Price of the product.