VIPAR unit opens second CoMan Center
- VIPAR unit opens two CoMan Centers. // Trailer / Body Builders;Mar2009, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p13
The article reports on two newly opened Cooperative Manufacturing (CoMan) Centers from Global Parts Network LLC (GPN), a wholly owned subsidiary of VIPAR Heavy Duty, in the eastern and western U.S. According to the article, they will support the company's brake manufacturing operations as well...
- Class 8 vehicle order backlog eases in June. // Trailer / Body Builders;Aug2011, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p11
The article reports that Class 8 vehicle order backlog in the North American market eased less than one percent in June 2011 after nine consecutive months of increases, according to the "State of the Industry" report released by ACT Research Co. which covers Class 5-8 vehicles.
- Paccar begins DAF assembly plant in Brazil. // Bulk Transporter Exclusive Insight;1/18/2012, p6
The article reports that Paccar has started the construction for its new DAF truck assembly plant in Ponta Grossa, Brazil.
- TRUCKS ARE GOING CHEEP. // Truck & Driver;Dec2002, p8
Discusses that CLS Laundry, a automobile factory situated on a greenfield site near Newton Abbot, England responded to neighbors' complaint about the 'beep beep' reversing made by its morning trucks by changing the sound to birdsong.
- Portugal gets Mitsu truck. de Oliveira, Paulo Soares // Automotive News Europe;5/6/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p12
Reports the plan of Mitsubishi Trucks Europe to build the Canter light truck model at its Portuguese plant. Negotiations conducted by Mitsubishi with automotive suppliers; Estimated budget allotted for the project; Discussion on the engines and other equipment which will be installed in the...
- Navistar inaugurates assembly plant in Mexico. // Fleet Equipment;Jun98, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p19
Reports on the opening of a truck assembly facility in Mexico by Navistar International Corporation. Cost of the construction; Description of the plant; Comments from John R. Horne, chairman and president of Navistar.
- Stellar adds more manufacturing space. // Trailer / Body Builders;Oct2011, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p10
The article reports on the expansion of the facilities of Stellar Industries Inc. in Garner, Iowa with the addition of approximately 60,000 square feet of manufacturing space.
- International Truck and Engine Corp. Celebrates Production of 800,000th Truck from Chatham Heavy Truck Assembly Plant. // Fleet Equipment;Nov2003, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p11
Reports that International Truck and Engine Corp.'s Chatham heavy truck assembly plant has posted a record when the 800,000th truck rolled off its assembly line in Canada. International Truck's production program for the plant; International Truck's manufacturing history in Chatham.
- Toyota: Full tilt within 16 weeks. Chappell, Lindsy // Automotive News;8/13/2001, Vol. 75 Issue 5943, p6
Reports on the production capacity of Toyota Motors' minivan and truck plant in Princeton, Indiana. Aim of achieving full assembly line-speed within 16 weeks of operation; Advanced training of workers.