A Healthy Head Start
- DINING OUT HEALTHFULLY. Katz, Frances // Food Processing (00156523);Apr2005 Supplement, Vol. 66, p41
Discusses how U.S. food service companies and food processing businesses can meet the 2005 Dietary Guidelines. Important aspects of the guideline; High ratio of fruit and vegetables to meat served as entrees; Replacement of refined grain-based foods with whole grain foods; Increase utility of...
- Light and Healthy Spring Breakfasts. // American Institute for Cancer Research Newsletter;Spring2015, Issue 127, p11
No abstract available.
- Morning Grain Goodness. // Today's Dietitian;Jul2014, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p43
No abstract available.
- THE EASIEST 5 POUNDS YOU'LL EVER LOSE. Gaynes, Sara // Women's Health;Apr2009, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p126
The article presents several recipes for fruits, chicken, and vegetables.
- Eat to Be Strong. // Scholastic News -- Edition 2;Jan2011, Vol. 67 Issue 4, Special section p1
The article presents information on the five food groups that should be consumed everyday, including grains, fruits and vegetables.
- More Evidence: Vegan Foods Save Lives. // Good Medicine;Spring2001, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p4
Reports on the health benefits of fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Advantages of vegan foods for the heart; Daily source of calories for people in the United States.
- CHILDREN'S HEALTH. NEW STANDARDS UNVEILED FOR SCHOOL LUNCHES. Zanteson, Lori // Today's Dietitian;May2012, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p14
In this article, the author discusses the new standards that are built for school lunches to offer healthier meals to children in the U.S. She states that these standards involve increased offerings of fruits and vegetables, greater servings of food rich in whole grain and proper portion sizes...
- RIGHT STUFF. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Sep2015, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p16
The article offers information for healthy eating including food products, recipe for Swiss Muesli, and a tip that frozen food thawed in microwave has to be cooked immediately to kill bacteria that may have started to grow if food started cooking while thawing. Food products discussed include...
- Breakfast blast. Firpo-Cappiello, Robert; Gerge, Tonia // Natural Health;Feb2010, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p36
The article reports on the right foods for breakfasts. It discusses the four components of a healthy breakfast based on the point of view of author Jackie Newgent including protein, whole grains and fruits and vegetables. It cites two studies which reveal the significance of eating the right...