How to Succeed at Clockless Dining
- Diners order both healthful, indulgent items. Barrier, Brooke // Nation's Restaurant News;5/23/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p74
Discusses the influence of health issues on how consumers order food when dining out in the U.S. Agreement of experts that most restaurants have answered consumers' demands by fortifying menus with both nutritious and indulgent options; Continued increase in the sales of healthful items; Claim...
- FEEDING THE FUTURE. Caira, Rosanna // Foodservice & Hospitality;Nov2006, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p47
The article reports on the notable trends to watch for in the food service and hospitality industry in 2007. These trends include food safety, use of less salt in foods, promotion of environmental stewardship, growth in functional foods and nutraceuticals, and others. Moreover, these trends show...
- Restaurant Makeover. Paul, Lisa // Foodservice & Hospitality;May2008, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p53
The article reports on the development of the casual dining sector in Canada. More families who live busy lives have opted to spend their casual meals in affordable places which offer superb food service which made them feel at home. Moreover, restaurants have rebranded their business and...
- Long-time staples, trendy adaptations mingle in Portuguese restaurant scene. Fabricant, Florence // Nation's Restaurant News;12/6/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 49, p38
Focuses on the emergence of new trendy restaurants in Portugal. Inclusion of video art on the walls and fiber-optic lighting; Interest of customers on Bica do Sapato; Appreciation on the services provided by waiters; Menu offerings of these restaurants.
- Unconventional wisdom: pulling profits without posting prices. Berta, Dina // Nation's Restaurant News;12/6/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 49, p82
Focuses on the celebration of the fourth annual Pay What You Think Night at Six89 Kitchen and Wine Bar in Carbondale, Colorado. Aim of the celebration to thank the customers for their support; Menu offerings during the occasion; Benefits of the occasion to the restaurant.
- Set another place: Study shows New Yorkers plan to keep dining out. Frumkin, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;7/16/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 29, p4
Highlights a study which showed that New Yorkers have no intention of cutting back on their dining-out frequency in 2001. Factors affecting the food service sector; Study conducted by the Yankelovich Partners for the famed 21 Club.
- Word of mouth's ability to spark sales has marketers talking. Cebrzynski, Gregg // Nation's Restaurant News;12/12/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 50, p1
The article reports on the contribution of word of mouth or advocacy marketing to the increased sales of restaurants in the U.S. Marketing experts claimed that the practice is playing an important role in generating business. According to one study, 27 percent of Americas had eaten at...
- Cleveland restaurants look to locals amid slow tourism. Walkup, Carolyn // Nation's Restaurant News;10/3/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 40, p8
Focuses on the dependence of restaurants to the local population for the business to survive in Cleveland, Ohio. Survival of One Walnut because of its discovery of corporate entertaining; Efforts of restaurants to attract people by offering them affordable food; Detection of the improvement of...
- CONSUMER INSIGHT. // Irish Food;2011 Seafood Edition, p39
The article presents the trends and habits among the consumers in European countries including Belgium and Germany. It states the move of consumers in Germany to embrace cooking from scratch particularly those living in urban areas. It mentions the move of majority of consumers in Belgium to...