- All-new national foodservice program. Jarman, Abbie // Chef Educator Today;Winter2006, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p6
The article reports that Phoebus High School in Hampton, Virginia has collaborated with ProStart to implement a two-year curriculum designed to teach high school students the management skills needed for a career in the foodservice industry. According to Verdonda Wright, culinary ProStart...
- Serving up a lesson or two. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);10/28/2015, Vol. 142 Issue 47, p11
The article states of how Raven Anderson, the Burnet High School senior learns different preparations from her culinary class before she serves to her parents and teachers for dinner.
- Bon appetit. // Free Press (Buda, TX);5/13/2009, Vol. 106 Issue 6, p6B
A photograph of the high school students including Charmaine Gray of Lehman High School Culinary Arts, and Claire Bellamy and Sarah Staub of Hays High French Club in a French restaurant in Texas is presented.
- Helpline. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);3/7/2011, Vol. 63 Issue 10, p88
The article presents the queries of readers including one on the reunion of Alexandra High School/College in Victoria which is being held on the weekend of March 19-20, 2011, one on a school called Cookery The Australian Way, and one on a meeting with old friends.
- Culinary class still cookin' Cullen, Jim // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);5/27/2009, Vol. 106 Issue 8, p3B
The article offers information on the Culinary Arts education at Lehman High School in Hays, Texas, considering the development of the program with participation of the students on classes.
- OTHER FACTORS INFLUENCE DIET: Fast-food is not the culprit, districts say. // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p16
Presents information on the report `2000 California High School Fast Food Survey,' published by the Public Health Institute. Mixed views regarding the report; Questions raised over the role of school administrator in influencing the diet of students; Other factors affecting obesity; Nutrition in...
- Lunchroom lessons of life and health. Heffern, Rich // National Catholic Reporter;7/18/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 34, p20
Focuses on the improvement of food service at Central Alternative High School in Appleton, Wisconsin. Result of the food program of Natural Ovens; Alteration of student behavior; Preparation of nutritious foods.
- School District Brings in the Pros. // FoodService Director;8/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p6
The article reports that four students from the graduating class of the Culinary Training Institute in Poughkeepsie, New York had been invited by the school district to prepare lunch for students and staff at Poughkeepsie High School. The event marked the first time an outside chef had been...
- CIA cooks up American cuisine at the Gastro Food Forum. Doherty, James C. // Nation's Restaurant News;12/22/97, Vol. 31 Issue 51, p104
Reports on the menus, recipes and food preparations presented by the Culinary Institute of America at the 1997 Anuga's Gastro Food Forum in Cologne, Germany. Featured chefs; Cooperation from the European Union of Top Chefs; Agreement made for the school's partnership in future Anuga fairs.