Made to Order
- A Day With the Gandy Dancers. Covert, Alice Lent // Saturday Evening Post;4/5/1947, Vol. 219 Issue 40, p34
The article presents the life of gandy dancers living aboard a railroad work train in Colorado. Breakfast on a work train is no negligible affair and according to Charley, the American-Italian cook, the guys work like horses and it is natural they got to eat like horses. The work train is being...
- Rehabilitation Centers. // Inside Tucson Business;1/19/2004, Vol. 13 Issue 28, pB17
Presents a chart depicting rehabilitation centers in Tucson, Arizona.
- Physical rehab center opens. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/6/95, Vol. 42 Issue 45, p12
States that the Musculo-Skeletal Institute (MSI) (East Meadow), affiliated with the North Shore Health System (Manhasset), has opened a physical rehabilitation center. What their programs include.
- For child soldiers in Liberia, rehabilitation is a hard road. Shiner, Cindy // Christian Science Monitor;1/29/96, Vol. 88 Issue 43, p7
Looks at a rehabilitation program in a mission in Liberia. Who manages the program; Who the program caters for; Description of the location of the mission; Comments from Reverend Francis Thomas; Number of children that have fought in wars; When the civil war in Liberia began; What the men at...
- Green briar. Silverman, Russell // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Jul/Aug92, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p12
Examines how the Green Briar Rehabilitation and Comprehensive Care Center nursing facility moved toward increased sub-acute care. The crucial decision; Growth; Outside support; Expanded services; Conclusion.
- One facility's road to `accreditation with commendation'. Barrett, Jeffreys B.; Maite, Martha A. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Sep96, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p37
Reports on the Colombus, Ohio-based Regency Manor Rehabilitation and Subacute Center's receipt of a Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) accreditation with commendation for its long-term care and subacute services. Request for Early Survey Process; Review and...
- A freestanding nursing home tackles diversification. Hamel, Glen // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Oct96, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p56
Focuses on the rehabilitation services of the Valley Grande Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Weslaco, Texas. Categories of illness/rehabilitation; Development of an outpatient center.
- Top substance abuse treatment centers. Hawkins, Curt // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;5/1/95, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p13
Presents the top substance abuse treatment centers in Utah, ranked according to patient discharge information as of May 1, 1995. 1993 patient discharges; Number of doctors on staff; Number of staff; Types of programs; Average length of treatment; Average length of aftercare; Treatment model;...
- Training skills program to build new Clearfield center. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;9/25/95, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p6
Reports that Pioneer Adult Rehabilitation Center has chosen Interwest Construction to build a 40,000 square foot training and manufacturing facility on its campus in Salt Lake City, Utah.