Battle For Best
- Top not-for-profits listed. Newman, Elizabeth // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Oct2012, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p14
The article offers information on the report LeadingAge Ziegler 100 that lists the top non-for-profit senior living operators of the U.S. in 2011 including the Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society (ELGGS), National Senior Campuses Inc. and ACTS Retirement Life Communities Inc. INSETS:...
- Tryon Estates. // Healthcare Design;Sep2010, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p266
The article offers information on the renovation of ACTS Retirement-Life Community Inc.'s Tryon Estates medical-model nursing home located in Columbus, North Carolina to respond to the changing operational objectives and market expectations.
- OFF THE CLOCK. // Central Penn Business Journal;10/1/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p39
Photographs of several winners of the second annual Burger Cook-Off for Charity of Lancaster Chamber including Liz Martin, Bruce Weaver and Amy Mitchell.
- Untitled. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/17/2005, Vol. 194 Issue 4362, p8
Presents a photograph of chef Yi-Ping Wang from Hunan restaurant in Pimlico, London, a participant in the Chinese Masterchef competition organized by Westminster City Council in February 2005. Information on the event; Winners of the competition.
- Hereford wagon wins cookoff. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);9/27/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p1
The article reports on the victory of the Gayland Ward Wagon of Hereford at the 13th annual Colonel Charles Goodnight Chuckwagon Cookoff on September 22, 2007 in Texas.
- Untitled. // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);12/13/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p1
A photograph of the Rolling Plains District 4-H Food Show winners held in Vernon, Texas on December 8, 2007 is presented.
- S&P Affirms CCRC at BBB+. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;12/12/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33630, p9
The article reports on the affirmation of Standard & Poor's Corp.'s BBB-plus credit rating and stable outlook for West Point, Pennyslvania-based not-for-profit ACTS Retirement-Life Communities Inc. in 2011.
- Retiring types. Ankeny, Jason // Telephony;10/15/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 16, p34
Reports that Ethernet provider Yipes Communications has set up Internet service, videoconferencing and other services at several Web sites owned by ACTS Retirement-Life Communities. Benefits of the services; Background on the retirement community.
- Nonprofit chain finds way to make a 'win-win' transition. Newman, Elizabeth // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Aug2011, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p14
The article focuses on the affiliation between Peninsula United Methodist Homes Inc. (PUMH) and ACTS Retirement-Life Communities Inc. (ACTS), which is considered as a way to lead them into a win-win situation and financial opportunities in the future.