Gastroenterology services in the UK. The burden of disease, and the organisation and delivery of services for gastrointestinal and liver disorders: a review of the evidence
- GPs take PMS row to court. Iacobucci, Gareth // Pulse;6/15/2011, Vol. 71 Issue 22, p9
The article reports that the right of unilateral cancellation of personal medical services (PMS) contracts by the National Health Service (NHS) will be disputed by physicians in the High Court in Great Britain.
- Personal budget to stay. // Pulse;5/25/2011, Vol. 71 Issue 19, p10
The article discusses the changes in medical policies in Great Britain which may affect the health services rendered by the country's Department of Health on personal health budgets following the health care reforms made by the National Health Service (NHS).
- Don't go to market. Meldrum, Hamish // New Statesman;5/10/2010, Vol. 139 Issue 5000, p40
In this article the author comments on Great Britain's national health service and argues against government cuts in funding.
- Commissioning: Can other laws protect GPs against section 75? // GP: General Practitioner;4/29/2013, p26
The article reports on the efforts of physicians' leaders, campaigners and opposition politicians to throw out controversial "section 75" regulations on Great Britain National Health Service commissioning.
- Clinical evidence will determine strategy for service cuts. // Paediatric Nursing;Jun2010, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p4
The article discusses a call by medical leaders in Great Britain for the National Health Service (NHS) to engage in a large scale service redesign in order to confront financial issues within the NHS.
- Penalising staff for being ill will end up costing more in the long run. Buchan, James // Nursing Standard;6/29/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p26
In this article the author discusses the 2011 plans that some National Health Service health care facilities in Great Britain have to penalize nursing staff who have high rates of absence and suggests that the plans will wind up costing more than the absences in the long run.
- VOICES. Beasley, Chris // Nursing Standard;8/3/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p24
Chris Beasley highlights an opportunity for clinical leaders of the future.
- Foundation trusts prevent joint working, says think-tank. Williams, David // Public Finance;9/3/2010, p8
The article reports on health policy experts' query about the foundation trust project which suggests that running the National Health Service (NHS) in Great Britain as a set of separate organization might hinder further joined-up services.
- Lansley's plans for the English NHS may yet be revised. Catton, Howard // Nursing Standard;3/23/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p28
The article presents an overview of efforts which are being made in Great Britain in 2011 to revise the country's Health and Social Care Bill, which has been created to reorganize the country's National Health Service.