ACADEMIC GASTROENTEROLOGY & RESEARCH
- TRAINING. // Gut;Feb2007 Supplement 1, Vol. 56, p51
The article discusses the importance of the training of gastroenterologists in the delivery of gastroenterological services, and states that training requirement and trainee number should be decided after designing a strategy.
- "I want to see the consultant" Crampsey, David P. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;4/18/2009, Vol. 338 Issue 7700, p955
The author discusses issues related to equality in patient access to medical consultants as a principle of the National Health Service in Great Britain. He examines the nature of patients' requests to consult with a specific member of a medical team or staff. He says assertive patients may be...
- FROM THE PUBLISHER. Donaldson, Debbie // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);6/23/2014 Supplement, p3
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various reports published within the issue including the shortage of medical specialists and the role of medical professionals in creating a national reputation of innovative healthcare availability in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- NMC set to clamp down on bogus specialist titles. Duffin, Christian // Nursing Standard;3/31/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p5
Reports on the efforts of the Nursing and Midwifery Council in Great Britain to prevent uncertified nurses from adopting titles such as "clinical nurse specialist." Creation of a separate register to clamp down on staff who have impressive titles but not the expertise to justify them; Mandatory...
- Generalist versus specialist nursing practice. Castledine, George // British Journal of Nursing;3/23/2006, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p347
Compares generalist with specialist nursing practice. Changes in the nursing profession; Discussion on the role of the nurse; Need for improvements in clinical nursing practice.
- Dial-a-Doc. Noonan, Peggy // Men's Fitness;Oct2004, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p40
Offers tips on selecting a physician. Search of physicians in the right places; Examination of the doctor's licensing; Selection of a specialist.
- TRAIN THE TRAINER (TTT) - Xi'an China 16-19 April 2012. Burger, Trevlyn // South African Gastroenterology Review;Aug2012, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p32
The article offers the author's insights on the "Train the Trainer" educational workshop held in Xi'an, China in April 2012 and is sponsored by the World Gastroenterology Organisation, Education and Training Committee. The author mentions that the workshop is generally intended for...
- Attitudes and Expectations of 1995 Gastroenterology Graduates About Gastroenterology. McCashland, Timothy M.; Zetterman, Rowen K.; Ruby, Elizabeth I.; McCashland, Courtney R.; Wigton, Robert S. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct1996, Vol. 91 Issue 10, p2091
Objective: To learn more about current attitudes and expectations of recent (June 1995) graduates of gastroenterology fellowship programs, why they chose either a private practice or academic career, and what impact managed care or health care reform had in their decision. Methods: Between April...
- Ulcerative Colitis. // Journal of Community Nursing;Jan2006, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p15
The article reports on the launch of the "Patient Centred Algorithm for the Management of Ulcerative Colitis in Adults," a new algorithm designed for British health professionals to help patients achieve optimum management of their condition. The algorithm has been developed by an independent...