State Street Quits Muni Underwriting
- In Brief: 75 State St. Corp. Employees Losing Jobs. Schmelkin, Alissa // American Banker;10/3/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 190, p20
Reports on the retrenchment of 75 employees in professional-support jobs by State Street Corp. Departments of the company from where the employees were layed off; Employees retrenched prior to the layoff; Recruitment plans of the company.
- State Street Plans 5% Job Cuts. // American Banker;12/2/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 185, p10
The author reports on plans by the custody bank State Street Corp. to eliminate 1400 jobs.
- A consultant explodes myths about downsizing. Cash, William H. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/18/93, Vol. 97 Issue 42, p35
Presents myths concerning downsizing in the insurance industry. Cutting costs across the board; Productivity improvement; Need for strategy; Avoiding a crisis situation; Program testing prior to company application; Reengineering of key processes; Avoiding layoffs.
- Staff layoffs mount as more insurers move to restructure. Dauer, Christopher // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;11/1/93, Vol. 97 Issue 44, p2
Reports on staff cutbacks and reorganizations at Cigna Property & Casualty, ITT Hartford and Royal Ins. Closure of Cigna's Eastern Marketing Center in Philadelphia; Plans for satellite offices; Efficiency study results in ITT; Department restructuring at Royal Ins.; Expected savings from cutbacks.
- Insurance Employment Surge Abates. // Best's Review;Feb2002, Vol. 102 Issue 10, p16
Presents a graph depicting the performance of the insurance industry in the U.S. Decline of insurance industry payrolls; Job losses of insurance carriers and insurance agents; Rate of employment in the industry.
- State Street Looks to Insurers For Servicing-Business Growth . Hunter, Matthew // American Banker;4/1/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 61, p1
Reports on the expectation of State Street Corp. to insurers for servicing-business growth in the U.S. Deals of the company with Credit Suisse Funds and ING Funds; Impact of changes in control of fund asset on the company.
- Cracking the Code: New Insurance Industry Study from State Street Shows Move from Big Data to Smart Data is Critical. // Insurance Broadcasting;6/27/2013, p1
The article offers information on a survey conducted by financial services provider State Street Corp. which states that the insurance industry needs to address how best to leverage its investment in technology as the industry is facing an unprecedented shift in its style of doing business....
- Survey Highlights Data and Analytics as a Key Strategic Priority For Insurers. Du Chenne, Janet // Global Custodian News;2014, p23
The article reports that insurance executives are placing more emphasis on the importance of data in their risk management practices because 82 percent of surveyed insurer firms cited data and analytics as key strategic priority for their business. Particular focus is given to the insurance...
- Insurance Now a Riskier Business: New State Street Study Points to Foundational Shifts in Coming Year for Insurers Globally. // Insurance Broadcasting;5/23/2013, p1
The article offers information on the survey released by the State Street Corp. (NYSE:STT), according to which, shifting of variables is pushing the insurance sector to make changes in the process of business making. It informs that ultra low interest rates are putting pressure on margins. It...