Next Stop, Virginia's Voters
- Virginia Governor's Budget Plan Includes Nearly $740M in Debt. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/18/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31784, p28
Presents the proposed budget of Virginia governor Mark R. Warner for the fiscal 2005-2006 biennium. Inclusion of bond-issuance proposals; Combination of proposed tax increases and reductions; Amount of the budget.
- Va. Budget Wrangle Goes on as Warner OKs $261M in Bonds. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/2/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31832, p4
Reports that members of Virginia's Senate and House of Delegates are trying to hammer out a compromise between their competing fiscal 2005-2006 biennial budget blueprints. Governor Mark R. Warner's signing of two bills that authorize a total of 261 million dollars in debt issuance; Total of...
- Virginia Lawmakers Stepping Up Tax, Budget Negotiations. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/27/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31830, p4
Reports that the financial committees of the Virginia General Assembly have started negotiations to reach a compromise on tax revision and budgetary matters. Amount of bond package favored by Governor Mark R. Warner; Plan to increase upper-bracket income taxes and sales taxes; Proposed...
- Virginia's Warner Set to Sign $145M Bond Bill to Fund Dulles Rail Link. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/11/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31839, p3
Reports on the plans of Virginia Governor Mark R. Warner to sign into law a bill that would authorize transportation revenue bonds to fund an extension of Washington, D.C.-based Metrorail system to Dulles Airport. Sponsor of the bill; Senate's approval of the measure; Hopes of the Virginia...
- Virginia Governor Says $850 Million Tobacco Deal Likely to Happen by July. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31552, p3
Reports that Virginia's tax-exempt bond deal of roughly $850 million is expected to reach the market by July 2003 according to the state's governor Mark R. Warner. Specifications regarding the usage of proceeds from bond sale under a law enacted in the state in May 2002; Importance of the...
- The $8.5 Billion Session. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31344, p1
Reports the decision of governor Mark R. Warner to sign the bond-related bills passed by the Virginia General Assembly. Amount of the municipal bonds; Increase in the local portion of the state sale tax; Funds for transportation improvements.
- Virginia Gov. Warner Considering $225M Bond Bill for Higher Education. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/9/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31817, p9
Reports on the approval of bill authorizing the sale of a tax-exempt general obligation bonds by the Virginia General Assembly in Virginia. Use of such bonds to finance universities and colleges facilities and construction of student housing at George Mason University; Support given to the...
- Gov. Warner Confident of a Virginia Budget Compromise. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/18/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31844, p4
Focuses on the confidence of Governor Mark R. Warner on the agreement to protect the state's triple-A general obligation bond rating in Virginia. Implication for the absence of biennial budget for fiscal 2005-06; Elimination of budget deficit; Projection on the budget deficit.
- Frans Sell Well. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/6/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32233, p31
Reports on the sale of a multi-million dollar federal highway reimbursement anticipation notes by Governor Mark R. Warner to fund state transportation projects in Virginia.