Wilson PUSHES THE SOFT SIDE
- Wilson golf `Fantasy Challenge' fits like a glove. // Brandweek;4/22/96, Vol. 37 Issue 17, p14
Reports on Wilson Sporting Goods' launching of the 1996 `Fantasy Golf Challenge' contest for shop professionals and retailers promoting the firm's Ultra glove. Prizes for winners.
- Wilson Golf swings to get out of rough. Borden, Jeff // Crain's Chicago Business;03/02/98, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p1
Presents information on Wilson Sporting Goods Company with emphasis on their golf equipment. Comments from Kim McCombs, manager, Pro Shop World of Golf in Skokie, Chicago; Information on the performance of Wilson in the golf equipment industry; Identification of the companies who dominate this...
- How to make a racquet. Miller, Rhonda K. // Tennis;Feb96, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p75
Presents information on ten steps of the manufacturing process of a tennis racquet, at the Wilson Racquet Sports' Technical Center in Chicago.
- Struggling Wilson downsizes, looks for more innovation in golf. Stogel, Chuck // Brandweek;9/9/96, Vol. 37 Issue 35, p16
Reports on the plans of Wilson Sporting Goods to eliminate several positions in its Chicago, Illinois corporate group. Review of management, products and procedures in an effort to salvage and revive golf operation; Aim of reducing overhead and increasing costs; Failure to achieve profit...
- Wilson downsizes golf division. // Discount Store News;10/7/96, Vol. 35 Issue 19, p59
Reports that Wilson Sporting Goods will cut 85 jobs in its golf division due to the resignation of its general manager, Kim Ignatius.
- Jim Baugh. Murphy, Mark S. // Golf World;11/29/2002, Vol. 56 Issue 21, p8
Profiles Jim Baugh, president and chief executive officer of Wilson Sporting Goods. Professional background; Achievements in his career; Information on his marketing strategy.
- Ryan to drive Wilson's golf pitch. Stogel, Chuck // Brandweek;12/01/97, Vol. 38 Issue 45, p60
Profiles Barry Ryan, who was named general manager of Wilson Sporting Goods' golf division. His comments about the company; His three-part immediate agenda for the company; Previous executive positions held.
- MATT NAVARRO. Covey, Stephen R. // SGB;Jul2012, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p80
The article offers information on Matt Navarro, regional sales manager of Wilson Sporting Goods Co. including his mentor, educational qualification and favorite business book.
- THE HOT LIST. // Shape;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p12
The article reports on sports wear including tops and capri leggings from kmart.com, summer yoga events including Maine Yoga Fest in Portland, Maine and the Juice 100S a tennis racket from sports equipment manufacturer The Wilson Sporting Goods Company.