- RelaÃ§Ã£o entre os setores de prÃ¡tica desportiva, as modalidades desportivas e o aproveitamento escolar. Soares, J. P.; Aranha, A. M.; Antunes, H. L. // Motricidade;2013, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p3
The purpose of the study was to verify if the sports sector: school sport, federated or both, are or not associated with rates of academic success of young people. The study involved a stratified random sample of students belonging to the 3rd cycle and secondary education in schools in Madeira...
- STRUCTURE OF RHYTHMIC GYMNASTICS TRAININGS CENTER IN BRAZIL. Antualpa, Kizzy Fernandes; Paes, Roberto Rodrigues // Science of Gymnastics Journal;2013, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p71
This study was elaborated with the purpose of knowing and describing the context of rhythmic gymnastics (RG) training centers (TC) in Brazil. This paper discusses the training centers, contextualizing the topic of this study, and configuring its scenario in Brazil. Qualitative research has been...
- EXPLORING THE EFFECTIVENESS OF PRE-PERFORMANCE ROUTINES IN ELITE ARTISTIC GYMNASTS: A MIXED METHOD INVESTIGATION. Clowes, Hannah; Knowles, Zoe // Science of Gymnastics Journal;2013, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p27
Competitive sport at the highest level demands consistency and precision in the transfer of skill across various environments, on multiple occasions, in order to produce optimal performance (Singer, 2002). Pre-performance routines (PPR) are sequences of motor, emotional, and cognitive behaviours...
- An Exploration of Participation Styles in Youth Sport. // Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology;Aug2013, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p438
The article discusses the study on chilren's participation styles in an organized sporting program. It details how the study was conducted, which involved 52 children aged eight to 12 who are enrolled in a developmental soccer program in the U.S. The results reportedly revealed seven...
- Faces in the Crowd. Betchel, Mark; Cannella, Stephen // Sports Illustrated;5/9/2005, Vol. 102 Issue 19, p21
The article profiles various amateur athletes and coaches who are notable for representing the ideals of sportsmanship. Ethan Busald, a senior at Transylvania, was the number one seed in tennis singles and doubles at the Heartland Conference tournament. Courtney Bumpers, a junior at North...
- Untitled. // West County Journal;9/14/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 37, pC2
A list of the records of west leaders in boys soccer and softball is presented which include Andrew Phillips, Lucas Hake, and Raime Cohen.
- Spring sports. // Navajo Times;5/30/2013, Vol. 52 Issue 22, pB-2
Several photographs of sports team are presented including the Indian Wells red softball team, the Indian Wells blue softball team, and the Indian Wells soccer team.
- calendar. // Gay & Lesbian Times;3/23/2006, Issue 952, p26
The article presents a calendar of sports events related in San Diego, California. The America's Finest City Softball League plays every Sunday at the Poway Sportsplex and Mira Mesa at Hourglass Park. The San Diego Bulldogs practices twice a week at The Center. Every Sundays and Fridays, the San...
- Calendar. // Gay & Lesbian Times;3/25/2004, Issue 848, p26
Presents a calendar of events related to sports. Inaugural season of the San Diego American Flag Football League on March 27, 2004; Games of the America's Finest City Softball League on March 28, 2004; Highlights of the game of the San Diego Sparks gay soccer team on March 28, 2004.