Chicago Agency Picks Team for $800M Convention Center Deal
- McPier predicts sunnier year ahead. Ryan, Kate // Crain's Chicago Business;12/5/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 49, p3
The article focuses on the revised forecasting of the operating profit of McCormick Place and Navy Pier in Chicago, Illinois. Earlier it was forecasted that the two places might face a $20-million loss in 2005. The cost cuts and partially the conventions in the storm hit Gulf Coast has triggered...
- MetPier Falling Short. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/8/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32914, p1
The article reports on the tax revenue deficit in Chicago, Illinois in 2008 as noted by the Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority (MPEA). MPEA officials estimate the shortage in tourism-related tax collections at $6.5 million, which relect the need to tap the state sales tax backup to cover...
- Board Urges Overhaul of MetPier. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/22/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33304, p1
The article reports on the recommendation from Metropolitan Pier (MetPier) and Exposition Authority interim board chairman John S. Gates to renovate the agency to help reduce convention and trade show costs in Chicago, Illinois. Gates also calls for the creation of a debt restructuring plan to...
- Chicago authority begins hotel project. Henson, Bill // Plastics News;2/2/1998, Vol. 9 Issue 49, p13
States that a 32-story hotel will be built by Metropolitan Pier and Expostion Authority, Chicago, Illinois at McCormick Place, known as the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place. Details on the cost of the hotel; Information on the features of the facility; Details on the date the hotel schedule to be...
- Unexpectedly on the move. Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's Chicago Business;1/23/95, Vol. 18 Issue 4, pSR1
Reports on the delay in the completion of the Festival Hall at Navy Pier, Chicago, causing the postponement of the first trade show scheduled in the exposition hall and the change of venue for other scheduled shows. Economic costs of the delay and cancellation to the show organizers; Praises...
- Chicago Issuer's CEO Indicted, Takes Leave. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31538, p5
Reports on the leave of absence of chief executive officer Scott Fawell of the Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority in Chicago, Illinois. Federal indictment against Fawell; Charges for Fawell with racketeering and theft of government funds; conspiracy to obstruct justice.
- Going public. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/20/95, Vol. 234 Issue 11, p20
Reports that Chicago, Illinois' Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority has decided to use public financing to build the replacement hotel planned for its expanding McCormick Place convention center.
- Are Bears the best use for convention taxes? // Crain's Chicago Business;9/23/96, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p12
Editorial. Questions whether the funds collected by the Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority (MPEA) should be used to build a retractable roof on the Soldier Field Stadium in Chicago, Illinois. Efforts of Governor Jim Edgar, Mayor Richard Daley and Chicago Bears football team's president...
- Meet Gov. Ryan's man at McCormick Place. Borden, Jeff // Crain's Chicago Business;01/25/99, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p4
Profiles Scott Fawell, chief executive officer of the Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority in Chicago, Illinois. Responsibilities; Political contacts and organizational skills; Link to Governor George Ryan.