- Virginia DOT to Tap Debt Program With $493M Issue. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;5/11/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33314, p6
The article reports on the move of the Department of Transportation in Virginia to price competitively the 492.7 million dollars of transportation bonds which is the first bond offering by the state from a three billion debt program approved in 2007.
- VDOT Centennial. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/16/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32340, p29
The article reports the celebration of the 100th year in business of the Virginia Department of Transportation. The department had about 1.9 billion of outstanding debt at the end of June 30, 2005. The agency has built more than 57,500 miles of highways, bridges and tunnels. It is the...
- Refunding Bonanza Drives Up Issuance While New Money Seems a Solid Bet in '04. DeSue, Tedra; Newman, Emily; Sigo, Shelly; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31836, Bond Buyer p48
Focuses on the debt issuance in the Southeast. Increase in debt issuance; Increment in debt refundings; Amount of revenue bonds sold in Memphis.
- VDOT: 'Mixing Bowl' Overruns Won't Lead to Bonds. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;09/21/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30980, p4
Reports that the Virginia Department of Transportation has assured the public that expected cost overruns on the Springfield Interchange Improvement Project will not lead to the issuance of bonds. Total cost of the highway improvement project; Percentage of the project's total cost to be paid...
- Virginia DOT Audit: $1 .45B Could Be Freed Up for Projects. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;9/27/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33389, p4
The article reports on a released audit by Virginia Governor Robert F. McDonnell of the state's Department of Transportation (VDOT) showing 1.45 billion dollars that could be given for projects and could accelerate VDOT's bond issuances.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/2/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31194, p33
Focuses on the bond transactions in the southeastern states of the United States as of August 2001. Boost in bond revenues of the Tampa Port Authority in Florida as rated by Standard & Poor; Upgrade in revenue bond status from A3 to A2 of Panama city; Increase in revenue collection of Georgia...
- SOUTHEAST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;9/22/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32223, p30
Presents a chart depicting the invisible supply of revenue bonds in the Southern States as of September 2005.
- Virginia DOT, Transurban Agree to Pocahontas Parkway Concession. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;5/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32373, p39
The article reports on the concession deal agreement between Transurban Group and the Virginia Department of Transportation in which Transurban will bear an amount in exchange for taking over the Pocahontas Parkway. The proposal stated the liability of Transurban to pay the amount of bonds...
- Calendar. // Bond Buyer;2/16/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32321, p13
The article presents a calendar of events in the U.S. for the requests for proposals of various issuers in February (FEB) 2006. The Bond Arbitrage Calculations Services that was published on FEB 13 by the Turnpike Authority in Kentucky was due on FEB 17. The Trustee/Paying Agent/Registrar...