Ambac Reports Surge in Income, Looks Ahead With Optimism
- Ambac issues debt to finance expansion. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;04/07/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30367, p31
Reports that Ambac Financial Group Inc. issued $200 million of 100-year debt in April 1998 as part of an effort to increase the company's capital for future expansion efforts. Ratings by Moody's Investors Service and Standard and Poor's; Lead manager.
- How to play the muni boom and earn around 35 percent. Sheeline, Bill // Money;Mar93, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p80
Explains the reasons why stock in Ambac, the oldest insurer of municipal bonds, is a good investment. Description of firm's business; How the firm is able to show profits even in slow years; Outlook for prosperous years; Comments from Ambac CEO Phillip Lassiter; Share prices and earnings...
- Municipal bond fears insure Ambac's future. Mirabella, Alan // Crain's New York Business;2/20/95, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p39
Focuses on the stock performance of New York City-based Ambac Incorporated. Effect of increase in demand for insurance as a result of increased acquisition of municipal bonds; Comments of Ambac chairman Phillip B. Lassiter on the trend in municipal bond acquisition.
- Ambac, MBIA Don't Expect US Airways Exposure to Lead to Losses. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;8/20/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31453, p4
Reports the decision to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection with the exposure to U.S. Airways by Ambac Financial Group Inc. Estimation of net exposure to the beleaguered airline; Existence of 18 to 24 months of liquidity support for bond issuers with the sale and release of aircraft;...
- Correction. // Bond Buyer;3/10/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32832, p2
A correction to the article on Ambac Financial Group Inc. and its bond insurer Ambac Assurance Corp. that was published in the previous issue is presented.
- Ambac Financial Nixes Wisconsin Regulator's Bankruptcy Proposal. RIGGS, TAYLOR // Bond Buyer;5/26/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33524, p3
The article reports that lawyers for Ambac Financial Group Inc. are not accepting the bankruptcy plan submitted by the Wisconsin insurance regulator and will issue its own plan in June 2011.
- Ambac Announces Record Quarter for Operating Earnings. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;10/18/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31246, p6
Reports the record operating earnings report for the third quarter of 2001 announced by Ambac Financial Group, Inc., holding company for Ambac Assurance Corp. Total operating earnings; Reason for the increase.
- Bond Insurers: Ambac Reports 'Exceptional' 4th Quarter, Up 20% From 2000. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;1/24/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31310, p28
Reports on the net income earned by Ambac Financial Group Inc. during the fourth quarter of 2001. Factors attributed to the income earned by the company; Comparisons of the net incomes earned by the company during 2000-02; Rise in net premiums of the company.
- Ambac Financial Completes Sale Of RangeMark Financial Services. MCGEE, PATRICK // Bond Buyer;7/22/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33354, p6
The article reports that Ambac Financial Group Inc. has completed the sale of RangeMark Financial Services.