Public Power Officials Look Ahead to Role in Post-Crisis Future
- Panelists to California: Insurers, Funds Want Diversification. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;9/13/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31470, p30
Reports the proposition of financing mechanisms for the state by the panelists at the Bond Buyer 12th Annual California Public Finance Conference in California. Amount needed for the infrastructure of the state; Importance on the diversification of state credit; Suggestion of public-private...
- Malakoff sets budget workshops. Hannigan, Michael V. // Malakoff News (TX);6/13/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 24, p1A
The article offers information on the Malakoff City Council budget workshop to be held at Malakoff City Hall in Texas on July 21, 24, 28, and 31, 2008.
- Events. // Public Finance;2/4/2005, p58
Presents a calendar of events that lists congresses and conventions organized by professionals in Chartered Institute for Public Finance Account for Professional Development scheme in Great Britain.
- WHICH GOOSE TO PLUCK? // Accountancy;Jul2009, Vol. 144 Issue 1391, p86
The article mentions a quote about taxation from Louis XIV's finance minister Jean-Baptiste Colbert and the July 16, 2009 date for a debate concerning British public finances which is scheduled to take place at the Chartered Accountants' Hall in London, England.
- Events. // Public Finance;6/11/2004, p62
Presents a schedule of conferences and summit meetings related to public finance for June 2004 in Great Britain.
- CEO group sets Lansing summit. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;1/17/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p2
The article presents information about the Michigan's chief executive officer (CEO) group's meeting, to be held on January 31, 2011 in Lansing, to discuss the fiscal health of state and local governments.
- Events. // Public Finance;1/7/2005, p34
Presents a calendar of events on different symposia related to public finance.
- Symposium: Utility deregulation. // New York Amsterdam News;05/14/98, Vol. 89 Issue 20, p21
Presents information on a symposium on utility deregulation and its benefits for African-American owned business, which took place on May 14, 1998 and sponsored by the Public Policy Committee of One Hundred Black Men Inc. Identification of the speaker at the symposium; Details on the symposium.
- Credits in Storm-Heavy Areas Should Take Pre-Emptive Steps. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/15/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32339, p6
The article reports on the Florida Public Finance Conference on March 14, 2006 which focuses on the pre-emptive steps to minimize financial challenges after the storms in Punta Gorda. City manager Howard Kunik recounted the experiences of his community with Hurricane Charlie that hit the west...